Are cabins at the front noisier than the back?

gordylad

Each ship is different, each class of ship is generally the same. Look up your room and there will be comments. Each cruise has its own special events, but one general rule we follow, do not locate the floor under the pool area if noise bothers you. My spouse has issues with noise so we look at these things. Really look at comments about your room number and find out. Also, do not be afraid to tell guest relations when you hear noise, they will respond and try and do something. 

We had the pleasure of sailing on the Summit in a sweet 16 cabin a few years ago and it was great and not noisy at all and we really enjoyed the larger veranda. Now last year we sailed on the Reflection in cabin 6107 and every port day the noise in the morning from the line handling or anchor deployment was extremely loud and the vibration was crazy.  
I would say forward cabins on M class ships are much better than those on S class.

Edited by AnJ

All three of my M-class cruises have been in sweet sixteen cabins. We never had noise issues. My only comment about 6016 is that it is the furthest forward of all. It has the most privacy, but one of your balcony sides is a steel wall as opposed to a translucent divider. The steel wall makes the balcony feel colder and perhaps a little smaller.

Now last year we sailed on the Reflection in cabin 6107 and every port day the noise in the morning from the line handling or anchor deployment was extremely loud and the vibration was crazy.  
I would say forward cabins on M class ships are much better than those on S class.

There are no Sweet 16 cabins on S class ships.

Edited by upwarduk