Meraviglia - 11/24 - Family friendly beach?

GreenSmoothieCruiser

Sorry no beaches in walking distance.

Costa Maya has a large pool and a sandy area at the pool or for around $7 take a cab into Mahahual where there are many beach clubs. Most have a small admittance fee witch will include a lounge chair. I recommend Blue Key Beach Club.

Cozumel -  Your best bet is a cab to Paradise Beach for 17.00. A fee of 3.00 to enter the beach club, they offer a very large pool,and a beautiful beach with chairs.

Roatan and Belize is expensive to reach a beach maybe $50 each.  Good Luck ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, runner15km said:

Sorry no beaches in walking distance.

Costa Maya has a large pool and a sandy area at the pool or for around $7 take a cab into Mahahual where there are many beach clubs. Most have a small admittance fee witch will include a lounge chair. I recommend Blue Key Beach Club.

Cozumel -  Your best bet is a cab to Paradise Beach for 17.00. A fee of 3.00 to enter the beach club, they offer a very large pool,and a beautiful beach with chairs.

Thank you @runner15km this is very helpful. Do you know how far away Paradise Beach club is from the port in Cozumel? We have young kids and don't like the idea of a cab with no car seats. I recall a taxi ride in a port many years ago that did not have proper seat belts for any of the passengers...

32 minutes ago, GreenSmoothieCruiser said:

Thank you @runner15km this is very helpful. Do you know how far away Paradise Beach club is from the port in Cozumel? We have young kids and don't like the idea of a cab with no car seats. I recall a taxi ride in a port many years ago that did not have proper seat belts for any of the passengers...

15, maybe 20 minute ride. Cozumel is a Coral island, there's not a lot of sandy accessible beaches, and none in walking distance if the port.  Paradise Beach Club is a great option is beach is what you want, but it is a short ride away, like all the beach clubs are. Playa Mia or Chakanaab are both other good options, but again - 15 or so minutes, at least. It's a flat straight shot to them..

Mahahual in Costa Maya for sure. 

Belize, it's a tender ride in, ans no beach right at port. You'd need a taxi or excursion.

Roatan - depends where you port. If at Coxen Hole, you'll need s cab to a beach (check Little French Key or Maya Key for fab beach clubs and activities). If you're at Mahogany Bay, there's a beach area literally right at the pier area 

• Like 1

Cozumel has a lot of options in walking distance from the ship when heading south. The first you will see (or not see) are all private, most places will let you use them if you order a coffee or so. The first public beach is about 2 km from the ship, small, but friendly. 

1 hour ago, perakcruiser said:

Cozumel has a lot of options in walking distance from the ship when heading south. The first you will see (or not see) are all private, most places will let you use them if you order a coffee or so. The first public beach is about 2 km from the ship, small, but friendly. 

@perakcruiser do you know the names of any of the private beaches in Cozumel by the port? I don't mind buying a few drinks so we can avoid the taxi ride to another beach. Thank you. 

11 hours ago, GreenSmoothieCruiser said:

Hello, can anyone recommend a nice family-friendly beach that is walking distance from one of the ports below? We would like to visit a beach but prefer not to use a taxi. Thank you!

image.png.ac680af5d73885a36ad055a2d32569b2.png

When we are in Cozumel, you can take a ferry to Playa Del Carmen where the beach is right next to where you get on/off the ferry.  I believe it's about a 45 minute ride each way.   As we are docked for 12 hours, you have plenty of time to get there, enjoy the beach & get back 😎

1 hour ago, principessalia said:

When we are in Cozumel, you can take a ferry to Playa Del Carmen where the beach is right next to where you get on/off the ferry.  I believe it's about a 45 minute ride each way.   As we are docked for 12 hours, you have plenty of time to get there, enjoy the beach & get back 😎

This might be a good plan for you as the ferry is approximately 6 blocks from where the Meraviglia will dock at the Punta Langosta pier.  The Meraviglia docks downtown and I can’t think of any beaches that you could possibly walk to from there.

Edited by 4104ever
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2019 at 3:16 AM, GreenSmoothieCruiser said:

@perakcruiser do you know the names of any of the private beaches in Cozumel by the port? I don't mind buying a few drinks so we can avoid the taxi ride to another beach. Thank you. 

I can check for you but this needs some time as I have to look at the photos from this trip. One place was really excellent, it is the restaurant/beach from the hotel opposite the main road. Will provide you the name as soon as I found it. But before 29th ;)

You are lucky, no need the photo, I found it on Googlemaps. 

The name is Hotel Cozumel & Resort.

Just walk south from the ship on the main road, cannot be missed. Opposite the road is the hotel, no use for you. On the beach side is their restaurant with buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. Their beach is great, if I would spend a week in Cozumel I definitely would choose this place. 

On 11/25/2019 at 5:11 AM, perakcruiser said:

You are lucky, no need the photo, I found it on Googlemaps. 

The name is Hotel Cozumel & Resort.

Just walk south from the ship on the main road, cannot be missed. Opposite the road is the hotel, no use for you. On the beach side is their restaurant with buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. Their beach is great, if I would spend a week in Cozumel I definitely would choose this place. 

Thank you @perakcruiser for your help! I contacted the hotel on Facebook and the day pass prices were a bit high so we did not visit. I will say the person I messaged with on Facebook was very nice. 

On 11/23/2019 at 8:53 AM, runner15km said:

in Roatan (Coxen Hole port) we went to Kiosk #7 and for $15 roundtrip pp they will take you to Infinity Beach club which is $20 pp for people over 5 yo (you get a chaise).

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy