Carnival Magic - LIVE - Dec 1-6 - FLL - Nassau, Grand Turk, Amber Cove

Saint Greg

I finish looking around, head out the front door and start walking. I get to the bottom of the hill and realize the taxis are back at the entrance. I ask a taxi driver he says I have to catch it up the hill. I decide to just continue and take the water shuttle again. It’s only 12:35. I wanted to be on a taxi by 2pm.

The water shuttle is also like a cheap mini tour. The guide is entertaining and funny and tells you some history of the houses and buildings you see along the way.

Since I was taking a video on the way there, a return trip would allow me to take some stills.

So I follow the green fence path.

A9E6B422-748D-413B-B0BB-892FDEA405E4.jpeg

4159D7F7-F5CF-4AD8-9A18-02F1B66D49BB.jpeg

3F7D54A5-0950-494E-9682-BC1193C22760.jpeg

953D1925-BA68-4114-926B-0C4902277B77.jpeg

80502CBF-107E-4AAA-9D52-48406D7E5913.jpeg

I arrived back at the shuttle spot at 12:45 so it was about a 10 minute walk for me.

There’s a green ticket booth under the bridge where you can purchase a ferry ticket. Then you wait on the opposite side of the bridge from where you were dropped off. They have bench seating and a snack stand.

727C883A-0777-4230-B853-3459E6B8750A.jpeg

830D876E-87D0-4BE6-8C8F-096282C6ABD5.png

2B3D9E59-5C1A-4276-88FD-6D5F91BABFBF.jpeg

This used to be a nude beach. It was shut down because too many boats were breaking down in front of the beach. They were having too many boat accidents in this area. If the beach were still open this boat would be going much slower now.

55CEAA63-295B-40C9-A7B6-7C1EFDCC3A70.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, E@syPe@zy said:

Now I'm starting to remember why in all the times that I've been to Nassau, I haven't been to Paradise Island!  Do you think the land taxi drops you close to where you buy tickets?  If I did the water taxi with my DH and his bad knee, I would have to cover my ears from all of the cussing and complaining!  Good Grief Charlie Brown!

Way back in the day, one of our cruises stayed in Nassau until midnight.  After dinner, about 8 of us, left the ship and there were taxis and limos looking for fares. We took the limo to the front entrance of Atlantis.  The driver asked what time we wanted to return and  was waiting for us when we were ready to go.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, E@syPe@zy said:

Now I'm starting to remember why in all the times that I've been to Nassau, I haven't been to Paradise Island!  Do you think the land taxi drops you close to where you buy tickets?  If I did the water taxi with my DH and his bad knee, I would have to cover my ears from all of the cussing and complaining!  Good Grief Charlie Brown!

For someone who has bad knees or doesn’t want to walk I’d recommend the land taxi that drops you at the door for the same price. It’s not a problem for me it’s something I enjoy. Back home I get over 5 miles in before most people wake up.

For me it’s fine. For my parents who both have bad knees...not fine.

Edited by Saint Greg