Star Trip Report 11\22 Transatlantic

PitCritter

I'm posting from O'Sheehan's as we're docked in Cadiz. We were 90 minutes late in to Port in Málaga yesterday due to "heavy seas and engine adjustments." The rumors are now starting to fly that we'll miss Madeira or Ponta Delgada. 

I guess we'll hear something today if that's true. 

One way or another, it's been an enjoyable trip so far. 

I really want to see Madeira so keep your fingers crossed for us. 

15746709863246666454280512638849.jpg

10 hours ago, PitCritter said:

I'm posting from O'Sheehan's as we're docked in Cadiz. We were 90 minutes late in to Port in Málaga yesterday due to "heavy seas and engine adjustments." The rumors are now starting to fly that we'll miss Madeira or Ponta Delgada. 

I guess we'll hear something today if that's true. 

One way or another, it's been an enjoyable trip so far. 

I really want to see Madeira so keep your fingers crossed for us. 

15746709863246666454280512638849.jpg

Love to get some intermittent updates on your TA, thanks

Just sailing into Funchal now. All so far is on schedule. We'll find out tonight if we're going to Ponta Delgada. 

The entertainment is a mixed bag. There is a really good solo guitarist from Brazil. The trio of the singers "Tres Amici" are very entertaining. The crew singers and dancers are pretty much what you'd expect. 

I'll keep updating. 

15748321237606560690072302987575.jpg

• Like 1

We were on the Star in November and most of our Greece stops were cancelled. It was very disappointing. NCL did not give us much advance information or reimbursement. I won't be doing NCL especially the Star again. The ship was nice but it needs new engines!! We had a mini suite on deck 11. Great location, no noise our room steward Joanne was outstanding. 

31 minutes ago, #Bluesea said:

We were on the Star in November and most of our Greece stops were cancelled. It was very disappointing. NCL did not give us much advance information or reimbursement. I won't be doing NCL especially the Star again. The ship was nice but it needs new engines!! We had a mini suite on deck 11. Great location, no noise our room steward Joanne was outstanding. 

Not good to read as I'm on her TA in April then again for Greece and Turkey in November. Still plenty of watching time for November but final pmt on TA is 12/21, what to do what to do

Hi STAR TA 11/22 cruisers...we were on the EPIC at Malaga at the same time and you guys left port at 1ish...I got some great photos of you leaving port so if someone has the roll call link I’ll post on it but anyone on the TA, send me an email and I’d be happy to send you an image of your ship sailing away, stormy skies and beautiful turquoise waters!

BK

fkraig at gmail dot com