Repetitive Entertainment

Eglesbrech

12 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Saw Bernie Flint on Princess a few years ago.Who remembers him.He won opportunity knocks.Most sincerely folks.I think his film would be black and white,lol.He was funny though.

I saw him too recently, unfortunately. Not my cup of tea as tbh I don't think his act has aged very well.

I do think P and O need to rethink their acts, especially with Iona and potentially Iona 2 likely to attract a younger crowd.

54 minutes ago, amfc_lenny said:

I saw him too recently, unfortunately. Not my cup of tea as tbh I don't think his act has aged very well.

I do think P and O need to rethink their acts, especially with Iona and potentially Iona 2 likely to attract a younger crowd.

Baltic 2015.Maybe I'm no judge,I used to like Freddie Starr.The funniest thing was watching all the corny Brit humour go right over the heads of the Yanks in the audience.

Trouble is not many if any at all "want to be associated with cruise ships" and then there is the inevitable costs of hiring them. Where I used to live there was a nightclub where all the big stars used to perform and then they got greedy asking for more money and ticket prices went up so nobody could afford them. So they hired lesser well known stars to reduce ticket prices and nobody went to see them because they were not very good so inevitably it closed down.

Oh dear, I wish I hadn’t read this thread....we’re a cruise in January on Britannia and this has reminded me how poor the entertainment is on P and O.  Our last 2 cruises were with Princess and the entertainers were so good - has anyone seen Sean O’Shea or Savannah Smith? Why, when they’re the same company, is P and O so much poorer?

1 hour ago, lolabarola said:

Oh dear, I wish I hadn’t read this thread....we’re a cruise in January on Britannia and this has reminded me how poor the entertainment is on P and O.  Our last 2 cruises were with Princess and the entertainers were so good - has anyone seen Sean O’Shea or Savannah Smith? Why, when they’re the same company, is P and O so much poorer?

Princess out of the U.K. have the same type of entertainment as P&O, well they have the same acts. My wife had seen three of the acts on our Princess cruise on P&O. Now the US entertainers may be different. Clearly P&O employ UK entertainers which the make up of the passengers on their cruises.

So the entertainment on P&O cannot be worse if it is the same people. 

• Like 1

We have seen Manual Martinez a couple of times who is supposed to be Mexican but some one told us he comes from Essex ! Bernie Clint was on Aurora last month but we thought his act was dated but Welsh comedian Mike Doyle had the audience in stitches.

5 hours ago, reece.twigg-white said:

For me the entertainment is the one thing that let's pando down,

We are off on Azura on Saturday and are wondering what the entertainment is going to be like this year!

We find the entertainment hit and miss. 

We have seen some absolutely fantastic acts as well as some truly awful ones. 

Have a great time on Azura.. 

Andy 

3 hours ago, Hols4 said:

We have seen Manual Martinez a couple of times who is supposed to be Mexican but some one told us he comes from Essex ! Bernie Clint was on Aurora last month but we thought his act was dated but Welsh comedian Mike Doyle had the audience in stitches.

He was on our Transatlantic crossing on Cunard's QM2 last week but he told us it was his last cruise until next year because he is in panto.

14 hours ago, Hols4 said:

What,you've never heard of the Exmex community living on the slopes of the Sierra Granada in Dagenham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillieJeanKaraokeKing said:

I suppose the "solution" to this would be to mix and match cruise lines. 

To an extent yes and personally I do use different lines, RCI for example offer something very different entertainment wise. Love the ice shows.

Unfortunately the lines seem to use some of the same acts so you can’t guarantee something different on a different line.

10 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

To an extent yes and personally I do use different lines, RCI for example offer something very different entertainment wise. Love the ice shows.

Unfortunately the lines seem to use some of the same acts so you can’t guarantee something different on a different line.

Yes my OH has looked at the websites of acts she like and found them on 3/4 other cruise lines. It’s a bit like the trips in ports Princess then RC then P&O, same guides same trips.

11 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

The only slopes in Dagenham Brian are the disused landfill mountains and the only tribe living on them is the seagulls.. 

Andy 

Oh,perhaps I've had too many mushrooms,oops sorry.