Encore / Live / Solo(*)- Dec 1-8-2019...

sid_9169

1 hour ago, deedle7544 said:

its 10pm....

NCL switches ship time to port time. Eastern cruises lose hours on the way out then gain on the way home. Western gain on the way out and lose on the way home. The westerns that start in roatan actually gain an hour the first two nights... or at least did before the time change in November. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

NCL switches ship time to port time. Eastern cruises lose hours on the way out then gain on the way home. Western gain on the way out and lose on the way home. The westerns that start in roatan actually gain an hour the first two nights... or at least did before the time change in November. 

But he's still at sea...I think he's on tequila time. 

• Like 2

So bummed you didn't make it into the captain's reception - bet there weren't any sleepers in there! Can't wait to see how many feet on couches and members of nappers anonymous we get tomorrow!

Are you in port tomorrow? If so, what are our plans for the day?

• Like 2

Good morning, Sid

Amazing photos as usual. Thanks for taking us on your adventure. I can hardly wait for the first port😎

You said you are friendly competition with Saint Greg. You now have 103 posters and countless number of ones who just react to your posts.

• Like 1

Wow, at 6:30 I got up and said five more minutes... Well, I five more minutes for two and a half more hours... No big deal, we don't arrive in San Juan until 5:30... Still, it seems like I'm sleeping my vacation away.

I'm standing in the OL now (for obvious reasons) there are several who have already settled into their nest for the day...

After I finish my Starbucks coffee, I'm going to see what looks good for breakfast. Yesterday, I beat the rush, but it's slammed in the Garden Cafe right about now...

• Like 3

When I cruise, I use ear plugs at night... I think something about the isolation makes my dreams even that much more vivid. I think that's the reason I couldn't (or, wouldn't) get out of bed at a decent hour this morning. Some of the dreams were downright insane, while some of the others, I wish would come true...

67375441_1176346705900962_4831095891622363136_n.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Great review so far Sid, some great perspectives and comments, keeps me entertained for sure!! (great shirt yesterday too!)

Only going to be my second NCL cruise, did Bliss last Feb, looking for Vibe this Feb, do they sell them in the Social or Guest Services desk?

• Like 1

I am just even more disgusted by all the toe-jam jerks knowing there is a big box on the dailies telling them SOCKS or STOCKINGS must be worn on your feet. I don't understand how people can be so clueless and nasty. I hope to God it's not like that in the Haven OL...

• Like 1

Very entertaining review that helped affirm this is not the ship for me.  The pool looks crowded and that lounge has some real pigs laying about.  I understand wanted to put up your feet (in socks please) as the chairs by the window are designed for but if you start getting sleepy....go to your cabin.  Let someone enjoy the view or read.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

Port side of Vibe completely deserted...

IMG_20191203_092723.thumb.jpg.b0a4d161ee2879476eef4147f041eab7.jpg

IMG_20191203_092729.jpg

Yesterday you posted some pics of pool deck being jammed. How was deck 17 overlooking the pool deck? Was it just as jammed? I'm sailing Encore 1/19 and not getting Vibe passes so we're hopeful to scrounge a few seats up on deck 17 on sea days. We are not adverse to hanging out with the crowds. It's kind of become part of the experience. As long as I can get my drink on, have a seat, and occasionally go in the whirlpool/pool, I'm good to go.

TIA

• Like 2

I just came about one inch from a sure trip to the emergency room... I was laying down my towel, and bent down to put my t-shirt and phone under the lounger, and hit my forehead about two inches from my eye pretty good. It's not bleeding, but it's definitely going to leave a mark... Here's a picture of the new loungers. Notice the pointed tip at the end of the curved armrest...

IMG_20191203_093334.jpg

• Like 1