Sky Princess Naming Ceremony

westcliffo

I have been invited to the naming Ceremony for Sky Princess. I have a pretty silly question...but here goes! The only formal wear I bring is a tux ( the only time I get to wear it ). The invite for the Naming Ceremony says Business suit. I really don't want to bring any more clothing. Will I look silly and out-of-place wearing my tux?

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I am wondering how many passengers will have that as there is another thread on this topic and it is scheduled for a turn-around day on Dec 7 in PE, so many guests will just have boarded and not necessarily even be unpacked.  

Boarding is delayed, we're getting on that day, presumably for this to take place before we get on.

3 hours ago, westcliffo said:

The invite for the Naming Ceremony says Business suit. I really don't want to bring any more clothing. Will I look silly and out-of-place wearing my tux?

If the Naming Ceremony is held in the morning or afternoon, I'd expect you will be the sole tux wearer.  But, so what?  I once wore my tux on a Star Princess cruise, seated in the main showroom.  A couple attired in shorts, t-shirts, and flip-flops sat next to me.  While I was uncomfortable, briefly.  They showed no sign of "discomfort" for such an "irregularity" which was in violation of the evening's dress code.  I decided:  so what!  I'll be unlikely ever to meet those again who might have any disapproval of how I dress or what I think of their attire.  Dress to suit yourself and your needs.

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

If the Naming Ceremony is held in the morning or afternoon, I'd expect you will be the sole tux wearer.  But, so what?  I once wore my tux on a Star Princess cruise, seated in the main showroom.  A couple attired in shorts, t-shirts, and flip-flops sat next to me.  While I was uncomfortable, briefly.  They showed no sign of "discomfort" for such an "irregularity" which was in violation of the evening's dress code.  I decided:  so what!  I'll be unlikely ever to meet those again who might have any disapproval of how I dress or what I think of their attire.  Dress to suit yourself and your needs.

There is no ship-wide dress "code" for Princess on formal nights.  It applies to the MDR's only.

6 hours ago, westcliffo said:

I have been invited to the naming Ceremony for Sky Princess. I have a pretty silly question...but here goes! The only formal wear I bring is a tux ( the only time I get to wear it ). The invite for the Naming Ceremony says Business suit. I really don't want to bring any more clothing. Will I look silly and out-of-place wearing my tux?

Thank you.

I also bring a tux since the only time I get to wear it is when we are cruising. I've noticed however that less gentlemen are wearing tuxes. I have opted not to bring my tux this time because we are doing a b2b2b. We have also been invited to the naming ceremony and I'm going to have a nice pair of pants and a shirt and tie for the occasion.

Also those that are sailing on December 7th can't board before 2pm.

9 hours ago, steelers36 said:

I am wondering how many passengers will have that as there is another thread on this topic and it is scheduled for a turn-around day on Dec 7 in PE, so many guests will just have boarded and not necessarily even be unpacked.  

As far as passengers are concerned, it’s only intransit passengers that are invited so hopefully they are all unpacked. 

19 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

As far as passengers are concerned, it’s only in-transit passengers that are invited so hopefully they are all unpacked. 

Oh, right.  Not sure what I would do in that situation.  I guess wear whatever I had brought for formal night (wouldn't be a suit).  Wouldn't worry about trying to sit in front.  LOL.