British Colonial Hilton Day Pass

jfleming03

3 hours ago, jfleming03 said:

Has anyone used the British Colonial Hilton day pass before?  We was thinking about booking it through resort for a day and wonder if it was worth it?

How far is it from the cruise port and is it walkable?

I haven't used the day pass myself but have walked to the hotel from the cruise port to tour the hotel and beach area. The hotel is very nice. Even though the beach is small, if the day pass includes what you are looking for, go for it.

It's within walking distance, maybe 10 mins.  I get lost easily, but I had no trouble finding it.  I went with the BCH over the AI resorts because I had my 7 and 12 year olds with me.  Eat before you go so you can use the food/beverage credits for drinks.  You can see the ships from the beach, and they have a pool and restrooms.  Restrooms were a must for me.  They also provide towels, so that's one less thing you need to bring from the ship.  I believe we bought beach toys at the dollar store before we left home and brought those with us.  And Dollar Tree inflatable tubes, lol.

• 4 weeks later...

its walkable-  but do NOT head to the visitors centers as that is the long way to walk there.   Exiti right out of the first exit of the gate.  Keep the water to your right.      The food voucher got us a burger, fries and a soda.  

Couple of pics from when we were there last fall. There’s a bar/restaurant on the water that is not associated with BCH, but when open, was busy. Construction was still going on next door, but not as bad as beginning of 2019. 

for the food vouchers, the three of us shared two chicken finger platters (big portions), two sodas, four waters and 8 beers. Been going there every year for the last 10-12 years. They’ve added a lot more loungers on the beach. A very nice day. 

D9F9A19A-D764-4FC3-878B-DE8206D0825A.jpeg

1076F1A7-1AE3-4A89-A215-C2C3A06FF4C1.jpeg

BEB2D874-F2C3-4BEA-9DF1-84848CE9B879.jpeg

ADD0ED83-73BD-492E-BBAD-0B03536484A3.jpeg

Edited by TYMAN

Do you need a day pass if all I'm planning on doing is going to the hotel restaurant/bar and having a drink and a meal and then probably be on my way?  Likely I'd be spending maybe an hour and I wouldn't be swimming or using any pool or beach facilities (except for maybe walking out and snapping a photograph or two) 

• 4 weeks later...

Do they still allow you to just "show up"?  Or do you now have to book with a company in advance?  We used to go there years ago, but it's been awhile!  I'd rather not book in advance, because I'd like the option to do something else if the weather is not great.