3 wheel scooter in balcony room

peymas

We booked a cruise on carnival Breeze quite awhile ago and have a regular cove balcony.  Since that time my husband now uses a scooter for his balance problems.  Has anyone used a 3 wheel scooter in a regular room?  How tight is it getting into the room?  Can it be turned around to drive back out?  This cruise is completely sold out now.

I haven't been on the Carnival Breeze, but I find that most regular rooms have little to no space to turn around cause those scooters need quite some room for turning. And if you do not have a special wheelchair accessible room, there might be thresholds that makes it even more difficult.

But there might be someone reading this who has more info about the rooms on the Breeze.

17 hours ago, peymas said:

We booked a cruise on carnival Breeze quite awhile ago and have a regular cove balcony.  Since that time my husband now uses a scooter for his balance problems.  Has anyone used a 3 wheel scooter in a regular room?  How tight is it getting into the room?  Can it be turned around to drive back out?  This cruise is completely sold out now.

Direct from Carnival's website:  Standard Cabins: These staterooms have an entry doorway measuring approximately 22", an 8" lip into the cabin bathroom, a 4" lip into the shower stall and a 7" lip to the balcony (if applicable).

Scooters cannot be left in the hallways. 

You definitely should contact Carnival's Access Dept.    Here is information from Carnival's website regarding accessibility (and the contact information for their Access Dept):   

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs/wheelchair-users.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

Yes your three wheel scooter will fit into your room.  Carnival's balcony and oceanview rooms fine.  The door is tight, your scooter needs to be less then 22".  My husbands GoGo 3 wheeler fits fine.  We do take the arms off when we bring it cruising so as to fit.  We move the table a bit, pull straight in then back it up against the sofa.  I've even had in a inside cabin.  Only then you need to have the beds put in to twins.  Leave them King in a balcony, this will give you the best floor space.

Just came off the Rhapsody of the Seas in an oceanview regular room with a 3 wheel scooter (rented from scootaround)and because the bed's headboard was against the window I had room at the end of the bed to park and charge the scooter. A little tight going through the door but manageable. Next cruise is a balcony regular room and wonder where the bed and sofa are located(whether the bed or sofa is near the balcony) because if the bed is nearer the entrance  there won't be room to park it but if the sofa is nearer the entrance, I can park it there. I would contact the cruise line to ask where bed and sofa are located in the room.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 11:51 PM, PekingeseLady said:

Yes your three wheel scooter will fit into your room.  Carnival's balcony and oceanview rooms fine.  The door is tight, your scooter needs to be less then 22".  My husbands GoGo 3 wheeler fits fine.  We do take the arms off when we bring it cruising so as to fit.  We move the table a bit, pull straight in then back it up against the sofa.  I've even had in a inside cabin.  Only then you need to have the beds put in to twins.  Leave them King in a balcony, this will give you the best floor space.

Thank you so much for the information!

• Like 1

Just returned from our cruise on Carnival Pride. I have a Pride GoGo Elite Traveler Plus 3-wheeled. I have no problem at all entering the standard balcony cabin. DH removes arms before we travel. I drive into cabin, go very close to the edge of the bed, turn around slowly and park in front of the sofa. We move the table towards the bathroom wall and I park my scooter. No problem. I've done it now 4 times on the Pride. Have fun on your cruise.