Sea Day Restaurant Choice

pappy1022

I have 1 sea day on my upcoming British Isle cruise on Explorer and was wondering if Regent normally has "can't miss" dinners in the main dining room on sea days (or any other day).  What is the likelihood of getting a second dinner reservation at the specilaty restaurants once on board. Do concierge level benefits get you a better chance of a second reservation? It's been a while since I cruised with Regent so I know that a lot has changed (I've been cruising with Crystal recently) thus some of these more basic questions. Thank you in advance. 

If you are in a "named" suite, you will be able to dine in the specialty restaurants as much as you desire.   If not, you get the basic allotment.  There may be unexpected openings.  But, those are not guaranteed and will only be available once aboard .

My opinion only, I could dine in Compass Rose every night and not feel deprived. 

• Like 1

Seven Seas Society night usually means miso-glazed sea bass on the menu.  It depends on the itinerary, but that often coincides with a sea day. Alas, you won’t know what night it will be until you are onboard. 

Once onboard, you can try to get another reservation in the specialty restaurants. You stand a much better chance if you are willing to share, and will take an odd time—usually very early or very late.

Unlike some other cruise lines, Compass Rose (the MDR) has a pretty decent rotation in the menu - in addition to the ‘always available’ items there are nightly specials and usually a selection from one of the specialty restaurants.  Granted, I’ve never been on board more than 14 nights at a pop but I’ve only ever requested additional specialty dining once or twice - like others have said, sometimes dining out is enough of a chore that I just order in and have a nice meal on the balcony or by the door.  

On Explorer last year, we never had difficulty getting specialty seating.  There was a crew member in one of the reception officers who had hours posted for handling requests.  It helped that we were always willing to share tables.