Where to send Royal Caribbean a complaint letter?

10 hours ago, El Cano said:

but the least we should have a chance to reschedule or just pick another cruise like one of the many Royal have that go to Coco Cay. That was the kind of tourism we had in mind.  Not going to Bahamas again

Coco Cay is in the Bahamas

• Haha 2

Check your travel insurance. Certain policies cover "missed ports" and some do/do not cover things like insurrections. We missed a port once and got $100 from our insurance company by sending them the letter from Royal that we were missing the port. Wasn't much but hey $100 was $100!

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I would say even that can be loosey goosey as when I was on conquest and a hurricane wiped out Galveston they delivered us back to new orleans and made everyone get off the ship. They did say you could then reboard and 3 or 4 days later sailed to the proposed houston port which later tried but never worked .. houston port is not Galveston. I wrote and they said close enough, they owed me no compensation. I swore I'd never do carnival again. We were allowed 1 phone call I used to rent a car from new orleans. 

I've read posters claiming we got bused back, not true. I was on the ship, we got nothing. 

Also missed 2 of 3 ports during hurricane season. 

Ports arent guaranteed .. but if the poster wants to write, go ahead. Btw we knew hurricane Ike was coming but it wasnt forecast for Galveston so when we left on sunday we werent allowed to cancel for a refund or plenty would have. It made a dog leg 6 days later on friday right to Galveston. I would have no showed had I known it would hit Galveston.  I lost my car that was only 6 months old and everything in it. 

Missing a port is nothing. How about losing a new car and getting vastly depreciated value. New Saturn I was so proud of. Brand new off the showroom floor.

Yeah, but that's Carnival. Well, not the losing the car, that's just bad luck.

But in the exact same situation, Royal gave everyone free internet to coordinate however they needed to; took the ship to Miami to allow those who wanted to get off to do so, and then took the ship back to Galveston for those who wanted to disembark there. It wasn't an ideal situation, but it wasn't Royal's fault and they lived up to their cruise contract.

14 hours ago, El Cano said:

Now, because of the political situation in Haiti, Royal decided to send us instead to Nassau, Bahamas. Without asking us if we were ok with that. We wanted to go to Labadee because we had such a great time at Coco Cay and thought that this was going to be similar. When we called to try to change it, because we don't want to go to Bahamas, now they say that if we do that, we will lose 75% of our money. Not even the regular $100 they charge to change a cruise. The situation in Bahamas is also a little hot with crimes against the tourists and we chose some other type of cruise. We don't want to go there. All we wanted to do was to relax in a beach and spend the day. It is funny that they decided to change our cruise to their convenience....

So, with the political unrest you would have preferred that RCI sail to Labadee anyway?

You are viewing issues on Nassau as equivalent to those on Haiti?

I hardly doubt that changing your cruise destination was at RCI's convenience.

You seriously expected RCI to call and ask if it was OK with you if they changed the itinerary?

When are you sailing and when did you make final payment? Labadee has been closed for weeks and the writing was on the wall before the closure occurred. Why didn't you cancel before sending in final payment if you were so set on that destination?

• Like 5

On 12/3/2019 at 7:14 PM, discru said:

For what it’s worth... we have not had good experience from emailing Molly, the new Crown and Anchor Ambassador.

Note that Royal Caribbean is the company. 

Crown & Anchor is one office within the company.  Whoever Molly is, she has a boss at Royal Caribbean.  

16 hours ago, El Cano said:

Now, because of the political situation in Haiti, Royal decided to send us instead to Nassau, Bahamas. 

You have my sympathy because we are never going to Nassau again.  Never. 

But you don't have a valid complaint; as other people have stated, the company is within its rights to opt for another island, if they believe it's safer for whatever reason.  

18 hours ago, El Cano said:

We bought a Cruise to Labadee for 4 nights. My older brother, wife and two daughters bought the same package because we told them how awesome our experience in our three previous cruises with Royal were. Now, because of the political situation in Haiti, Royal decided to send us instead to Nassau, Bahamas. Without asking us if we were ok with that. We wanted to go to Labadee because we had such a great time at Coco Cay and thought that this was going to be similar. When we called to try to change it, because we don't want to go to Bahamas, now they say that if we do that, we will lose 75% of our money. Not even the regular $100 they charge to change a cruise. The situation in Bahamas is also a little hot with crimes against the tourists and we chose some other type of cruise. We don't want to go there. All we wanted to do was to relax in a beach and spend the day. It is funny that they decided to change our cruise to their convenience just after we finish paying the whole amount. The least they could do was to give us a choice without losing our money. It is not our fault that Haiti is going through that situation, and we know that Royal Caribbean cannot control that, but the least we should have a chance to reschedule or just pick another cruise like one of the many Royal have that go to Coco Cay. That was the kind of tourism we had in mind.  Not going to Bahamas again.

New to cruising? They can change or eliminate ports for any reason, not allow cancellations (with the amount of times cruise lines change ports they’d be out of business, sometimes there is something on the ship needing repairs, sometimes weather, some time political unrest, sometimes tides…). How many times do passengers board warm weather cruises and end up in Canada?

2 hours ago, Cigar King said:

How did you find a 4 year old post to reanimate, *and* NOT find all the recent posts on this topic?

Maybe searched **complaint**. That should be good for bringing up a few hundred threads.😄

• Haha 1

We have only done one RCI cruise so far,the itinerary for that changed soon after we booked it,before we sailed & during the cruise!

We booked another TA calling at Halifax,that was dropped soon after booking,another 6 night cruise we booked evolved into a Singapore to Tokyo repo cruise.

They do it on a regular basis IME,swore we wouldn't book with them again but we will be sailing with them in a few weeks,until today that cruise had been unchanged,the cruise schedule hasn't changed but our cabaret booking has been changed,they just had to get us somewhere or other!

On 4/4/2024 at 4:39 AM, Missusdubbya said:

Coco Cay is in the Bahamas

I know that. But it is a private property. All the 18 tourists murdered since the beginning of the year happened in Bahamas. Not in Coco Cay.

1 hour ago, El Cano said:

I know that. But it is a private property. All the 18 tourists murdered since the beginning of the year happened in Bahamas. Not in Coco Cay.

But that's tourist. Technically you are a cruise passenger and therefore are safe. Think of it that way. It may be ridiculous, but it sounds better.