Regal Princess MDR dinner menus, Thanksgiving week 2019

Itchy&Scratchy

yes, we enjoyed most of our meals very much.  I must say that besides the Seared Basa on the first night (which was rather superb), fish dishes tended to be a bit on a dry side. Shrimp dishes were always wonderful, and I had ALL of them. Beef dishes - depends on the recipient and the dish.

I got Beef Medallions without the demi-glace, and I swear it was the best beef I've had on Princess. They were juicy and tender, and had a great flavor to it. I got Prime Rib and didn't like it, but I am not a fan of Prime rib, so it's just me. It was tender and medium, as requested, but smothered in gravy which I hate anyway. I also loved the petite filet mignon, even though it's not my usual cut of beef (I strongly prefer a ribeye), and it was well done instead of medium, but it was very enjoyable. My DH loves filets in general, but hated his petite filet because it was well done.

There was NO double-baked goat cheese souffle on this cruise - very sad about it. I have been looking forward to it for 2(!) years.

We had 2 Chocolate Journey desserts on this cruise: a pistachio dome and a hazelnut dessert, which we had 2 years ago as well. We all really loved the hazelnut dessert, even the kiddo. He actually asked for seconds, but I said no.

DS who is 8 years old had the same food every night: a fruit salad, fettuccine alfredo (yum!) and steamed green beans. Their fettuccine Alfredo is still great, but even better with some parmesan cheese on top. It needed salt to our taste.

He especially loved the dark cherry sorbet on the last night's dinner. And Nutella gelato at the gelato store. We had some non-refundable OBC to burn through, so he had that every day. DO NOT GET VANILLA GELATO. It's bad.

P.S. I will post a short review of our cruise shortly and will talk in more detail about the food there.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

P.S. There were free CREPES at the buffet every other day - and they were really-really good! Lots of fun toppings, the most popular one being Nutella, of course. :) LOVED IT!

All the way in the back of the buffet on your right if you are looking at the back of the ship.

6 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

P.S. There were free CREPES at the buffet every other day - and they were really-really good! Lots of fun toppings, the most popular one being Nutella, of course. 🙂 LOVED IT!

All the way in the back of the buffet on your right if you are looking at the back of the ship.

What time of day? 

11 hours ago, MissP22 said:

What time of day? 

9 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

oh, sorry, dinner only.

Oh that's great.

I don't like it when they offer things like that in late afternoon to close to dinner time.

Are they the soft thin type that can be rolled or the crunchy waffle type that they twist into as cone?