Christmas gift ideas for crew

Xcelsior

Seriously cash is better perhaps with a nice hand made card.  They have no room for nick nacks in their rooms, several actually have dietary limitations and may not eat sweets etc.  The days of phone calling cards are long gone, so cash is king as they say.  They really will appreciate it

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, uktog said:

Seriously cash is better perhaps with a nice hand made card.  They have no room for nick nacks in their rooms, several actually have dietary limitations and may not eat sweets etc.  The days of phone calling cards are long gone, so cash is king as they say.  They really will appreciate it

Agree.  And a gift to the Crew Welfare Fund will be appreciated by ALL of the crew taking good care of you, not just the three who happen to be assigned to your suite.

• Like 6

I do not agree at all. I given flowers on birthdays. Magnets as they collect them. Tervis cups, wallets . Jewerly is this year. Butler tough. Maybe after shave if he wears it. I was just in two months and I kept candy and rice crackers on the bed. As far as room goes ..they just make it home. With their own pillows and blankets

Thry are home sick so I saw shop to you drop.

Cash.  As others already stated.  It is kind that you want to be creative, but no.  If they wish to buy silly stuff like magnets, they can...with cash.

Love the idea above of a handmade card to accompany it!

Edited by KAE27
  • Like 1

I must agree with above posters.  CASH is king.  They have limited space in their rooms and limited space in luggage when they go home at the end of contract.  They do not have the space to carry a bunch of nick nacks.  If they want magnets as souvenirs, they can easily use the cash you give them to pick out something they would want.  Also, a personalized card along with the cash from you says it all.  

We have traveled extensively on Azamara and Celebrity and all of the crew we know well agrees with this.  Enjoy your cruise and thank you for thinking about the crew.

• Like 2

All of the above and just to say that crew do not expect a tip as Azamara is a no tip cruiseline. If you want to tip, I like the crew welfare idea the best. I always find it so hard to pick anyone out and this goes to them all.  An organised crew night with a prize raffle is one thing they do and really appreciated. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 5

And that message applies for every cruise. Last week whilst we were onboard they had the big prize bingo. I think it’s once a year. The excitement on the day was massive. It was someone from the laundry. I heard it was $1000 he won. It was a massive thing for him so lovely to hear of. 

• Like 5