Can my family check in separately?

KTRuby

My husband, toddler and I are driving from Orlando to our cruise out of Miami.  We will need to return a rental car to the Miami airport.  Can he drop us off and then grab a taxi/uber and check himself in or do we need to either wait at the terminal or travel with him in order to stay together?

19 minutes ago, KTRuby said:

My husband, toddler and I are driving from Orlando to our cruise out of Miami.  We will need to return a rental car to the Miami airport.  Can he drop us off and then grab a taxi/uber and check himself in or do we need to either wait at the terminal or travel with him in order to stay together?

You each have different boarding passes, so you can wait for him to join you, or you can go ahead and start the boarding process without him. Your choice. 

Edited by Joe817

28 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

People don't need to check in or board together. 

Just be sure that if you split up that you keep your documents (boarding pass AND identification) with each of you.

All you need is your boarding docs for the three of you. Make sure hubby has his when he returns the car.

Here's another check in question.  You'd think I'd know... My daughter & I are Platinum and the rest of our group aren't. I figure we can't all go through priority boarding, so is it okay for us to check in with them, too?  Some are first time cruisers & don't want to leave them stranded,  

5 hours ago, kaylahszoo said:

Here's another check in question.  You'd think I'd know... My daughter & I are Platinum and the rest of our group aren't. I figure we can't all go through priority boarding, so is it okay for us to check in with them, too?  Some are first time cruisers & don't want to leave them stranded,  

3 hours ago, DAllenTCY said:

Yes, that is the way to do it.  

Hopefully they will be Priority on a future cruise...and they can appreciate the benefits then.

David

You would all check in with whomever has the latest arrival time

• Like 1

16 hours ago, skrufy said:

All you need is your boarding docs for the three of you. Make sure hubby has his when he returns the car.

That's what I said, I think.  If 2 are checking in (and possibly boarding) first, be sure he keeps not just his boarding pass but his ID with him.  Don't want 2 to board and then he arrives to check in only to discover that you've kept his passport/ID with yours.  You'd have to disembark to get the ID to him.  Even if you haven't boarded yet, you'd have to get back to the check-in counter and all go through security again.

Just one little additional tip, most rental car places at the Miami airport have a free port shuttle to the cruise port, so you can save the $15-$20 Uber for a welcome aboard drink or an extra hand of blackjack.

You just need to show a copy of your receipt to the shuttle driver.  Check with your rental car provider for additional information

On 12/5/2019 at 12:59 PM, KTRuby said:

Actually everyone is checked in separately, being in a group or not.