Detailed Review BTB Caribbean Cruise on Star Legend

Misty Morning

Just reminiscing what great cruise we just had as I read my detailed review (link below) of our recent Star Legend Caribbean cruise which just got posted.  It has a lot of info on both the ship and all of the stops (11 altogether).  Now looking at booking another cruise next March.

http://click.email.cruisecritic.com/?qs=070cdfa5ec678c1b30092c03efb8965756d34e810707dd0d573a9fad6f7e27ea6cf63d0a5cc727997327fab4ef61a8f6b1f0a2f8191e2845

• Like 3

Great review, Misty Morning. Thanks for the details. My husband and I are on the same B2B cruise leaving next Saturday 12/14. We have only sailed on Wind Surf which we love and were a bit nervous about switching to the motor yachts but your review alleviated our qualms. We have been to most of the islands albeit many many years ago on small windjammers, so are excited to visit them again close to 25 years later! Took note of what you did on each island and may follow in your footsteps. Also, I will be celebrating my birthday on board at Foxy’s so that should be great fun!

Enjoy,  don't hesitate to write back if you have any questions on the islands or the ship for that matter.  Big difference with the Surf is no sails but much bigger rooms and just 200 people.  I had attached some photos with the review but I understand Cruise Critic is having an issue with photo posting and are looking to fix it.  Again enjoy your cruise

I was so happy to see you mention Yogi in your review. He was our server in Amphora during our Oct sailing and also our favorite barista. Talk about an infectious smile and personality! We'd sit and read in the Yacht Club and then magically another iced coffee w/grand marnier would appear before us...repeat.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

6 hours ago, jj6961 said:

Very helpful review, thanks for posting it here.  I’m considering a Caribbean paired with a Transatlantic for March.  How do I get a referral for OBC? 

You will need to find someone on the roll call for that particular cruise  who has already cruised with Windstar to sponsor/recommend you as a friend. Each person in the cabin of the referred party and the referring party gets $100 OBC

2 hours ago, Misty Morning said:

You will need to find someone on the roll call for that particular cruise  who has already cruised with Windstar to sponsor/recommend you as a friend. Each person in the cabin of the referred party and the referring party gets $100 OBC

Thank you for your help.  I think I was on this ship (Star Pride)in its past Seabourn life.  The cost of the WiFi is the main thing making me hesitate from booking.  I can’t unplug for the crossing. 

2 hours ago, jj6961 said:

Thank you for your help.  I think I was on this ship (Star Pride)in its past Seabourn life.  The cost of the WiFi is the main thing making me hesitate from booking.  I can’t unplug for the crossing. 

Bear in mind that the cost of the wifi is high it is also terribly slow at best and only really good for emails and light surfing. I never take it as we are always close to land but in the case of an ocean crossing, it may be wise to pay for a package if you need to stay connected.  You may also want to only take it during the crossing portion of your itinerary, thus saving a week of costs

On 12/6/2019 at 12:07 PM, minidonuts85 said:

I was so happy to see you mention Yogi in your review. He was our server in Amphora during our Oct sailing and also our favorite barista. Talk about an infectious smile and personality! We'd sit and read in the Yacht Club and then magically another iced coffee w/grand marnier would appear before us...repeat.

Loved Yogi on our Baltic cruise in 2018!!!

21 hours ago, Misty Morning said:

Bear in mind that the cost of the wifi is high it is also terribly slow at best and only really good for emails and light surfing. I never take it as we are always close to land but in the case of an ocean crossing, it may be wise to pay for a package if you need to stay connected.  You may also want to only take it during the crossing portion of your itinerary, thus saving a week of costs

Yes, I think I would be ok using cellular in the Caribbean and then buying a package for the crossing.  Their WiFi costs are what other lines charged 6 years ago, ridiculous.  That’s my main concern with this line. I love being at sea, don’t need to be constantly entertained.  Do you know if they offer any back to back perks? Maybe laundry?  There in no roll call for either of the sailings, but if book it I’ll post a referral request on the main page.  
thanks again, 

Jen 

2 hours ago, jj6961 said:

Yes, I think I would be ok using cellular in the Caribbean and then buying a package for the crossing.  Their WiFi costs are what other lines charged 6 years ago, ridiculous.  That’s my main concern with this line. I love being at sea, don’t need to be constantly entertained.  Do you know if they offer any back to back perks? Maybe laundry?  There in no roll call for either of the sailings, but if book it I’ll post a referral request on the main page.  
thanks again, 

Jen 

You could start a roll call thread for one or both cruises. 

The Windstar site doesn't mention someone being on the same cruise to get the referral OBC, maybe it changed or if I book you want me to give your name so we can both get OBC?

REFER A FRIEND

The World of Windstar is Yours to Share

Our Yacht Club Members know Windstar best and we want to thank you for recommending Windstar Cruises to your friends for their next vacation. Each friend you refer receives a $100 Shipboard Credit to use on their first Windstar cruise. You receive a $100 Shipboard Credit for each friend you refer as soon as we receive final payment for their first cruise with us.

Please mention the referral at time of booking. This offer is available only to new guests who have been referred to us by trusted Windstar Yacht Club members — so they’ll be in good company.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

Shopping for a referral is bad form.

Why do you think that’s bad form?  I don’t know anyone personally who has sailed on Windstar.  Why shouldn’t I take advantage of the referral OBC?  I’ve given many Seabourn referrals, I was surprised there wasn’t a thread set up on this forum for that purpose.  

The first time we cruised on WS was on the recommendation of my sister in law. We both received on board credit for the referral. It was a nice added benefit to our first WS cruise. 

The person making the referral gets the credit on their next sailing. We have referred other friends since our first cruise. If you can help someone decide to cruise on WS by referring them and they fall in love with the line, what’s so bad about sharing?

I'm happy to share my info if you want to pass along your email address. 

Hi, " It is nice to be nice."I feel the same way, we are at 100% of in love with WS on all our friends and relatives who we have referred. I think it adds to the joy of one's life. 

My first visit to Dominica I saw this sign on a basketmaker's door as a welcome. I fell in love. We will also take an address but Ski Mom 2 was first. Happy Sailing. 

• Like 1

New customers are getting input on this forum to help them decide on a Windstar cruise so a referral from here is totally appropriate. I'd be willing to give a referral too, but Ski Mom was first.

Edited by new_cruiser

6 hours ago, Ski Mom 2 said:

I'm happy to share my info if you want to pass along your email address. 

Hi, as soon as I make a final decision and a booking I’ll reach out to you.  
Thank you

Jen ⛴

• Like 1

6 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

New customers are getting input on this forum to help them decide on a Windstar cruise so a referral from here is totally appropriate. I'd be willing to give a referral too, but Ski Mom was first.

When someone really convinces someone else--friend, relative, neighbor--to take a Windstar cruise, it's a legitimate referral.  Otherwise, it's scamming the cruise line out of money or OBC, as there really was no legitimate "referral.".

On 12/6/2019 at 11:07 AM, minidonuts85 said:

He and his wife Trishna are the best! I showed him your post and he had an even bigger smile! And he definitely remembered you.