Koningsdam Stateroom Question

WanderingTheWorld

My husband and I booked an inside guaranteed stateroom cabin on the Koningsdam, and we recently received our stateroom assignment. We are in cabin 1108. We noticed the Queen's Lounge is above us. I've read multiple Koningsdam reviews lamenting the noise from this venue, but all of those cabins were located on deck 4. Does anyone know about the noise issues on deck 1?

I'm still crossing my fingers for an upgrade offer. The only thing we have received thus far concerns Club Orange, and we thought it was overpriced.

Don't know for sure, but as your ceiling is BB Kings dance floor, you will get some sound and vibration.

The plus is that from the deck plan 1108 is at the opposite end to the stage, so the band will not be directly above you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WanderingTheWorld said:

My husband and I booked an inside guaranteed stateroom cabin on the Koningsdam, and we recently received our stateroom assignment. We are in cabin 1108. We noticed the Queen's Lounge is above us. I've read multiple Koningsdam reviews lamenting the noise from this venue, but all of those cabins were located on deck 4. Does anyone know about the noise issues on deck 1?

I'm still crossing my fingers for an upgrade offer. The only thing we have received thus far concerns Club Orange, and we thought it was overpriced.

We also received our cabin assignment today, 1115 so we new to HAL, do they often send emails from the upgrade fairy? I have been looking for real pictures of our cabin, but no luck so far.

4 hours ago, michaellasdad said:

We also received our cabin assignment today, 1115 so we new to HAL, do they often send emails from the upgrade fairy? I have been looking for real pictures of our cabin, but no luck so far.

Go to http://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/

Scroll to Main: 1111 -- that's next door to 1115 and will be the mirror image of your cabin. 

If you join Cruisedeckplans.com there are a couple pics of 1124 which has the same layout as your cabin, and it's made up as a queen-king. 

13 hours ago, WanderingTheWorld said:

My husband and I booked an inside guaranteed stateroom cabin on the Koningsdam, and we recently received our stateroom assignment. We are in cabin 1108.

WTW:

If you go to the Halfacts page I linked above, your cabin and layout should be like 1052; it's an even number of cabins away from yours and the layouts usually flip every other cabin.

8 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Don't know for sure, but as your ceiling is BB Kings dance floor, you will get some sound and vibration.

The plus is that from the deck plan 1108 is at the opposite end to the stage, so the band will not be directly above you.

Does BBKings share a venue with Lincoln Center Stage on the K'dam?

Edited by crystalspin

Hmm. @WanderingTheWorld, you might want earplugs. We were close to under the Blues Club on the Nieuw Amsterdam and it was definitely present esp. the bass, until about 11-11:30 each night. I suppose they have a night off, but didn't notice! I don't normally sleep before midnight, and my DH sleeps through most anything, so it was not a major problem for us. But it was there.

6 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Does BBKings share a venue with Lincoln Center Stage on the K'dam?

Yes, but some evenings it uses the Rolling Stone Rock Room stage.  Probably the night when RSRR band are not playing.

8 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Go to http://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/

Scroll to Main: 1111 -- that's next door to 1115 and will be the mirror image of your cabin. 

If you join Cruisedeckplans.com there are a couple pics of 1124 which has the same layout as your cabin, and it's made up as a queen-king. 

Thank you for the information, i did find photos of 1111, it was a great help. We are still hopefull for a visit from the upgrade fairy though.

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Hmm. @WanderingTheWorld, you might want earplugs. We were close to under the Blues Club on the Nieuw Amsterdam and it was definitely present esp. the bass, until about 11-11:30 each night. I suppose they have a night off, but didn't notice! I don't normally sleep before midnight, and my DH sleeps through most anything, so it was not a major problem for us. But it was there.

Thanks for the tips. We love to dance, so we're usually not back in the cabin until after 11pm. Earplugs are already on the packing list. On a previous cruise, we saw a dancing couple with earplugs in, which I think is a genius idea. Bands can get too loud sometimes.

13 hours ago, michaellasdad said:

We cruised on the Oosterdam back in May. We'd booked an inside guarantee. About a month before the sailing date, we received an upgrade offer. We snagged a balcony for a very reasonable price. Thus far, all we have received is the Club Orange offer, which costs more than what we paid for the Oosterdam upgrade and would probably only give us an oceanveiw. It doesn't seem worth it. Hopefully, the upgrade fairy will surprise us soon.