Sky Suite on Reflection

lawk

23 minutes ago, lawk said:

I am considering a Sky Suite on the Resort Deck. Has anyone experienced noise from the deck above the Resort Deck?

Yes, depending on where your suite is. Lots of noise late at night from the Oceanview cafe above Sky suites on the Port side. The staff were rolling carts back and forth.

We had ours directly under the solarium..  No issue with noise but I recommend you study the deck plan to get an idea of exactly what space will be above you.  Some are more quiet than others.  If my memory serves me correctly, most of these suites (except the aft ones) are on the resort deck because they were originally planned to be deluxe spa rooms..or something like that before they were grandfathered into the suite class.  

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

If your looking at the S2's under the OVC the more forward the better. Some say under the carpeted area. If your looking for the old Aquasuites now S1's. Not all S1's were Aquasuites. The only difference now is your bathtub has a shower wall like the Aqua class shower. If your looking at the aft suites on deck 12, some have said noise from the bar above.

Edited by bigbenboys
added words

We stayed in 2196 last cruise, it was the best cabin ever, but the worst noise I've ever had. I'd never stay in it again. This cruise in Feb we're in 2182, farther away from under the cafe. If I were you, I'd try and go more forward and that should be less noisy. 

Based on our experiences, the amount of noise you might experience from the deck above will be a function of where the Sky Suite is located. We were on the "Hump" in 2163 and never heard a thing all week. Friends were in 2189 and did have some noise on several mornings. I would agree with earlier post that if you are in one of the suites under the OVC, the farther forward the better. 

We were recently in 2108 and the Reflection and noise was not an issue.  However, the balcony, although roomy being on the edge of the hump, was mostly in shade due to the overhang from the deck above.  Wish we had been in a Sky Suite one deck lower for that reason.