OBC's for Shore Excursions

jmb4534

We have a large amount of OBC for our upcoming cruise to Bermuda. Some from Celebrity and some from our TA. We've selected the drink pkg and pre-paid gratuities as perks so we will use the OBC for excursions.  My question is: Can I book the excursions now using the OBC, or do I have to wait until we're on the ship? I would like to take advantage of the sale that's being offered now. Thanks to anyone who knows how this works. 

Yes you can use the Celebrity OBC now (pre-cruise).    When you go to cruise planner it will show you how much you have available to use pre-cruise.  The OBC from your agent will not show until about day 2 of the cruise.  Check with your agent about whether your OBC from them is Refundable.   If refundable you can either use it on the ship, cash it out at the front desk or if not used it will be credited to your Credit Card.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes you can use the Celebrity OBC now (pre-cruise).    When you go to cruise planner it will show you how much you have available to use pre-cruise.  The OBC from your agent will not show until about day 2 of the cruise.  Check with your agent about whether your OBC from them is Refundable.   If refundable you can either use it on the ship, cash it out at the front desk or if not used it will be credited to your Credit Card.

Thanks Jim_lain. X issued OBC is not showing on cruise planner. I just tried to book a couple of excursions, but it went all the way through to asking for my credit card info. My confirmation from TA shows their OBC and a separate OBC from X.  I'll start with my TA, but I guess I'm  probably going to have to call Celebrity. Ugh! 

2 hours ago, jmb4534 said:

Thanks Jim_lain. X issued OBC is not showing on cruise planner. I just tried to book a couple of excursions, but it went all the way through to asking for my credit card info. My confirmation from TA shows their OBC and a separate OBC from X.  I'll start with my TA, but I guess I'm  probably going to have to call Celebrity. Ugh! 

Your TA should probably be able to fix it for you.   How far out is your cruise?  I just checked a cruise I have booked for 339 days out and it is showing my OBC.

image.thumb.png.8da7b54b576b55fccd95aea0f3618d48.png

15 hours ago, hiccups said:

Wow, Jim, $750 from X is awesome!  Best we've done is the Veteran's Day sale with $500.

It was an onboard booking for a CS.   I was impressed with it which was the reason I booked onboard   With 4 perks I will have a lot of spending to do.   Probably will book excursions as it is a Southeast Asia cruise.

• Like 1