Vendors in Ocho Rios Jamaica

beshears

If you have been to Ocho Rios within the past year, are there any vendors there, and if so, are they close to the port, or is there a certain area that you walk/drive to see the vendors? Sometimes the vendors have articles that their "people" have made, and I like to bring something like that home with me as a reminder of where I have been.

Jamaica was one of the more agressive vendor ports i've been to. They are set-up so you have to walk paat them on your way out of the port. You'll have souvenir options and tour options. Shop around for prices, and watch the souvenir vendor trick of "here is something for free". Jamaica was really nice, and we are going back in April. Have fun!

• Like 1

To exit the main pier area at OCHO you go thru a building with sellers .... this is not unlike Nassau or Coz' or Costa Maya or a slew of other places ...... what you want to be aware of is the 'culture' of JM and how they do street business. They can appear to be more in your face but this is just the culture where getting animated during bargaining is normal ....

IME a smile and a firm "no thank you" will shut a vendor down

BUT

the LEAST sign of interest can open the flood gates!!!!

20 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

The vendor area outside the gates is VERY aggressive, and don’t be surprised if they try to sell you “adult party favors”

Marijuana is legal in Jamaica so you will almost definitely be asked if you get around the local vendors.

• 3 months later...