Priority Tendering at grand caymen

bobpell

I tried to get a usable  answer using the search feature above but did not have any luck!!

Does any one know if 4 or 5 star sailors jump the queue upon arrival?

Thanks

Bob

PS... we do not have a HAL shore excursion

20 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

As a 5 Star Mariner, I have never felt comfortable by using this "perk".  What's the rush to get ashore?  That's my thinking.  (And, I KNOW others will disagree, which is perfectly OK with me.)

To us the most important parts of a cruise are the port stops.  I want to see as much as I can when I get there.  I don’t feel any more uncomfortable getting priority tender tickets than I do using the free laundry.  I’ve earned it.  However, I realize not everyone cares if they have every minute they can in port. We all have different priorities. 

Typically 4 and 5* mariners will receive priority tendering.  The only time we haven’t was when almost the entire ship had priority.  That would most likely depend on the ship and that particular cruise.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

Tours go first, then the 5 stars etc.

Not always true.  We’ve been on tenders with ship excursions on several occasions in different ports.

It depends upon when the shore excursions start, how many, etc.

It can really vary by port, in my experience.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kazu said:

Not always true.  We’ve been on tenders with ship excursions on several occasions in different ports.

It depends upon when the shore excursions start, how many, etc.

It can really vary by port, in my experience.

Varying by port has also been my experience as well.  While I enjoy being ashore for awhile, unless it's a totally new port for me, I really don't have a good reason why I need to be on an early tender.  If the port is a new one for me, I would probably have booked a shore excursion and follow the instructions provided to join those on my tender booked for that excursion. 

4 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Varying by port has also been my experience as well.  While I enjoy being ashore for awhile, unless it's a totally new port for me, I really don't have a good reason why I need to be on an early tender.  If the port is a new one for me, I would probably have booked a shore excursion and follow the instructions provided to join those on my tender booked for that excursion. 

Usually we are only aiming to get off at a decent time if it’s a new port and we have a private excursion (which we often do in a new port unless it’s an easy DIY).  

If we are just wandering around, I agree there is no rush and of course there is no need to plan if you have a ship’s excursion booked 😉 

I prefer to get ashore as early as possible and feel no qualms about using priority tendering, for which, of course, I've paid Holland enough to earn. At many ports, the heat builds through the day, as do the crowds. And if you go ashore early, you're a little less likely to come back at a time when the tender line stretches the length of the pier.

2 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Also Neptune and Pinnacle Suites can get off the ship whenever they want -- they do not have to wait for a tender ticket.

That is true and a wonderful perk. However, one Neptune passenger thought she could also skip the line and squeeze in up front at the exit. That's not how it works.

And like Wehwalt, we get off early and return before the heat builds up and small towns become crowded.