CPAP on Panorama

Akgunz

We will be cruising on the December 28th sailing of Carnival Panorama. This is our first cruise so we are still in the process of figuring everything out. Hubby uses a CPAP machine and I am learning that there are no plugs next to the bed.  As I look for info regarding what we need to do to make sure he can use his machine, I’m finding different info...bring an extension cord, check with special services, no surge protectors...and more. Help!

Shoot an email to access@carnival.com. Let them know you have a CPAP + they'll arrange for an extension cord in your cabin. Personally, I keep a 12ft extension in my CPAP case for traveling. It has multiple outlets on the end. The one Carnival gives me only has one. And everyone is correct, there's only 1 outlet in your cabin + it's on the opposite wall. Also, distilled water is avail for purchase onboard if you use the humidifier. Myself, never bother with it.

Enjoy Panorama, we're booked for the Jan 18th sailing.

BTW, few tips for first time cruisers. Not clock in cabin. We both take backup batteries for our cellphones which we charge during the day. Then at nite, we plug our phones into the bu batteries to charge and provide time. Use the MDR, at least for dinner, FAR better than lido buffet. We usually throw a travel mug in our suitcase for coffee. You can fill em on lido + take em back to the cabin. Take half the cloths + twice the money you originally planned. Prepare to be addicted! 

I've been a CPAP user for many years and cruise fairly often. My advice is bring your own extension cord (I keep a 12' cord in my CPAP case). I have been in the situation where the ship runs out of extension cords. The cord cannot have a surge protector. An inexpensive standard home cord works just fine. A lot of folks seem to bring tape as well to tape the cord down to the floor and prevent tripping on it during the night. I've not done that but it could be a good idea for you.

If you need multiple outlets just bring a simple 3 outlet adapter to convert the wall outlet from a single to a triple. Relax and enjoy your cruise.

The "search this forum" feature is your friend. Use your friend. And pack a cheap 12' cord. And spend $3 on distilled water if you don't want to use tap. And carry it on if you don't want to pack it in your luggage. And use the search feature for hundreds of other pieces of CPAP insight.

7 hours ago, Akgunz said:

We will be cruising on the December 28th sailing of Carnival Panorama. This is our first cruise so we are still in the process of figuring everything out. Hubby uses a CPAP machine and I am learning that there are no plugs next to the bed.  As I look for info regarding what we need to do to make sure he can use his machine, I’m finding different info...bring an extension cord, check with special services, no surge protectors...and more. Help!

I have not been on the ship, but believe there in fact plugs near the bed on this ship, in any event, your room steward can assist. 

Here's some CPAP advice:

1. I carry an extension cord in my CPAP bag. It hasn't not gotten through yet. But, Carnival will provide one.

2. Carnival will sell Distilled water for $3.00. Just call room service.

3. Alert special needs so they are aware.

4. ALWAYS carry your CPAP on. 

With regards to the plugs, it is possible that there might be a plug by the bed on the Panorama as it is a new ship. At a minimum, new ships seem to be putting USB ports near the beds. Since the Panorama is on its inaugural cruise currently, we'll need to wait.