Princess Visa - Didn't receive double points for Princess charges

seacruise9

Hi,

I recently cruised aboard the Sky Princess and charged my onboard purchases to my Princess Visa account. However, I did not receive double points for this charge. The charge is clearly indicated on my statement as "Sky Princess." I called the Princess Visa telephone number and they told me to call Princess (which seemed strange). I called Princess and they told me to call the Princess Visa number. I also have sent two messages to Princess Visa that have been ignored. Has anyone else had this problem? Were you able to get the double points? 

Thanks,

Chuck

36 minutes ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi,

By Princess Visa, I am referring to Barclays. I have called Barclays and sent them two messages. They have done nothing to assist me. It is very difficult to get them to correct their mistake.  

Chuck

One of the many reason I round filed the card many years ago.

Good luck.

4 hours ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi,

I recently cruised aboard the Sky Princess and charged my onboard purchases to my Princess Visa account. However, I did not receive double points for this charge. The charge is clearly indicated on my statement as "Sky Princess." I called the Princess Visa telephone number and they told me to call Princess (which seemed strange). I called Princess and they told me to call the Princess Visa number. I also have sent two messages to Princess Visa that have been ignored. Has anyone else had this problem? Were you able to get the double points? 

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck, as others have said, several years ago, it was happening routinely.  A Thread posted a direct phone number to a Barclay supervisor line that they were instantly fixing the problem without going through the initial layers of customer service.

I, too, have the same issue with a small ($200) end of Sky Cruise settlement from last week’s Sky Cruise.  It seems to be a coding issue since it is labeled Sky Princess instead of the typical Princess Cruise Passages to get the doubling.

I plan on searching a bit tomorrow to find the old thread with the special phone number to call.  If someone else doesn’t post it, I will if I find it. 

Safe Journeys, Paul

Edited by pjrockman

35 minutes ago, pjrockman said:

Chuck, as others have said, several years ago, it was happening routinely.  A Thread posted a direct phone number to a Barclay supervisor line that they were instantly fixing the problem without going through the initial layers of customer service.

I, too, have the same issue with a small ($200) end of Sky Cruise settlement from last week’s Sky Cruise.  It seems to be a coding issue since it is labeled Sky Princess instead of the typical Princess Cruise Passages to get the doubling.

I plan on searching a bit tomorrow to find the old thread with the special phone number to call.  If someone else doesn’t post it, I will if I find it. 

Safe Journeys, Paul

Here is the post from July, 2017.  I had trouble then and it was resolved, not very accurately, but to my advantage.  If I have problems again, I will join Colo Cruiser and dump it.

Cool Cruiser

281 Posts

Joined Oct 2008

281 Posts

Joined Oct 2008

Posted July 17th, 2017, 08:45 PM

Last edited by rgmacm; July 17th, 2017 at 09:14 PM

Yes...I'm among that number who fought for over a month to get our double points in May...
Then made a 'test payment' (before our HUGE final payment) in June to see if things worked right (They didn't....) I called...was assured everything was fixed...made the final payment...then spent 45 min. on the phone to get double points for THAT purchase...

Then, got an upsell offer last week...made the payment...and spent a VERY UNHAPPY phone call today to get double points for that... (after 3 mos, I'd lost all patience....)

Yep...I have more 'experience' than I ever wanted with this...

For those who didn't see previous posts or know about this issue...and to add a bit of knowledge gained today, I share this.

1) Don't waste time calling the ph # on the back of the card. That goes to someplace in "Timbuktu"...and accomplishes NOTHING. Instead, call the
Managers number - 866-928-3106. That number has been reserved for 'special' cases...and takes you to someone who speaks English...and who can actually give you the points RIGHT THEN...ON THE PHONE. I was logged on to my acct and wouldn't get off the phone until they appeared. (They are unhappy this # has been shared here.....just fyi....)

2) (...and this is what I learned today) There is a phrase, that when spoken, changes the whole demeanor of the conversation...gets balls rolling and things accomplished. That phrase is "cruise critic". Yep...when you say "This is ALL over Cruise Critic...people are upset there...talking about it...." things begin to happen....
It was amazing....I wasn't really getting anywhere...She kept referring back to the case I opened in Mid-June (which was resolved with that 45 min. phone call...) and telling me to wait a little longer on that - while ignoring my current issue of the missing double points for our upsell purchase last week. I was getting NO WHERE until I said the magic words.

I have my double points now...and am now sharing not only the phone no. (which has been shared here before but is probably buried in the archives by now) but also the 'magic words" ---to help others who may have been waiting and waiting and waiting with no results...

This card has been so challenging to use...after our cruise, Im just going back to our 3% cashback on the Costco card...no hassle...no phone calls...no 'fight'.... Looking forward to the 'break'....

Edited by 2 cruises a year

Just now, pjrockman said:

Great.  Thanks,  2  Cruises.  Saves me the search process, which is always a benefit.

Paul

You're welcome Paul.  Yes, searching CC can be cumbersome.  Luckily I cut and pasted the post and saved it as a document.  Sometimes I fool myself and file things where I can find them later.  Got luck this time.

Yes I had the same issue back in 2017 as well. Several calls to Barclay's and they finally fixed it. I also got a letter in the mail confirming that they had fixed the issue. I haven't charged any Princess purchases on mine lately so will be watching to see if the points post correctly or not. Please update here if you get the double points and how quickly they resolve this. 

Hi, 

Thanks for the information. I again called the general customer service number yesterday and spoke to someone who is going to try to resolve the issue. He gave me a case number and said that the points should be added within seven to 10 business days. Of course, I will keep checking to see if the points have been added.

Chuck

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 7:43 PM, 2 cruises a year said:

Sometimes I fool myself and file things where I can find them later.  Got luck this time.

Bwahahahahahahaaaa... Isn't it great when you can not only remember you saved something but then actually find it as well?

Barclays has always doubled my points for any charges from Princess.  I have had a problem with Barclays when someone here at home copied my credit card info (before more secure cards have been issued) and used it for over $1200 purchases.  Their fraud department at that time was to accuse me of trying to cheat them.  It took many phone calls and finally two registered letters threatening legal action until they finally agreed that my card had been compromised.  I have had many credit cards over my life but Barclays is the worst bank I have ever done business with and use it only for purchases from Princess.  I wish Princess would align themselves with a US bank with more integrity than this horrible UK bank.

I called that manager number back in 2017 when they had the issue with missing points and they resolved the issue right then and there.  Looks like I better go check my statement to make sure my points are showing properly. 

Thanks for the heads up and the phone number! 

Update: just checked and my points are showing up correctly, so at least it isn’t a system wide issue like the glitch in 2017! 

Edited by Shelly97060
Update

Thank you for the heads up on this. I just checked my Barclay account and noticed that I did not get double points for the onboard account charges from our recent Sky Princess cruise. Oddly, I did get double points when I used it to make final payment on an upcoming cruise a couple days after we returned home and for the FCCs I purchased while onboard the Sky. Definitely calling Barclay.

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere