Waterproof Bag

MaskedTurtle

I've seen many suggestions on these boards about using waterproof bags.  I've been looking at some on Amazon, and many have mixed reviews.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a waterproof bag that they have used and have found to be a good quality for a reasonable price, maybe $15 or less...preferably less.  I will be going to cococay, and I know I can rent lockers, but I do want to keep money, my camera and some smaller things with me.  I'm not going deep sea diving or anything, so it doesn't have to be heavy duty, just good enough if I want to swim or maybe snorkel.  Thanks.

21 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Did it work well enough for you to be comfortable putting a camera or phone in it?

14 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Part of the kit is a waterproof phone case.  Both it and the bag worked fine, I kept my video camera in the bag with no problem.

Sounds good.  Thanks.  I just wanted an actual opinion from people who are using for the same or similar purposes as I would be, and not some random Amazon reviewers.  I trust people here more.

You don't need any money on CocoCay.

Plus, if your money gets wet, it will not damage it. 🙂

For the camera, I got a waterproof camera, that can even be used underwater.

With any type of waterproof container, test it before using it for real.  Put some paper inside it, and immerse it in water for at least an hour.  See if there is any leakage.

35 minutes ago, SRF said:

You don't need any money on CocoCay.

Plus, if your money gets wet, it will not damage it. 🙂

For the camera, I got a waterproof camera, that can even be used underwater.

With any type of waterproof container, test it before using it for real.  Put some paper inside it, and immerse it in water for at least an hour.  See if there is any leakage.

Don't you need money for the little shops and stuff?  Also, I know money doesn't get damaged, but I still prefer not to get it wet.  I was looking for a good sale on a waterproof camera, but didn't see anything.  I would definitely first test anything I buy.  I just wanted to know what other people use.

We'll be using these when snorkeling and swimming on our Caribbean cruise next month: 

I did test them by putting a paper towel in each one and submerging them in water for two hours.  They were dry as a bone when I opened them.  I was attracted by the size - fits a phone, small wallet, a sunglasses case and a go-pro sized camera) - and the price.

image.png.d28103d15fb0438f8491f6ecc1dc977f.png

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, capriccio said:

We'll be using these when snorkeling and swimming on our Caribbean cruise next month:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R6KHPGV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I did test them by putting a paper towel in each one and submerging them in water for two hours.  They were dry as a bone when I opened them.  I was attracted by the size - fits a phone, small wallet, a sunglasses case and a go-pro sized camera) - and the price.

These are some of the ones I had marked on Amazon.  I saw mixed reviews and hesitated.  Also, I wasn't sure if I wanted something with some extra types of cases/bags included.

13 hours ago, MaskedTurtle said:

Don't you need money for the little shops and stuff?  Also, I know money doesn't get damaged, but I still prefer not to get it wet.  I was looking for a good sale on a waterproof camera, but didn't see anything.  I would definitely first test anything I buy.  I just wanted to know what other people use.

True, I don't buy from the shops, so don't carry money.

I got this setup - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071VD3TTP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have only used the waist bag, and it has worked well.  Several zip lock type closures, then fold the top.

I have a Canon D30, which is a great little camera for land or water, but it seems they no longer make it.  But they are still available.  One Amazon seller has them for not too inflated a price.

• Like 1