Cococay water park in December, anyone gone recently?

snclopez

1 hour ago, dvond said:

How close is the floating bar to chill island..an easy walk?  Also as Ive not been there since changes,  can you just walk or better to take a tram?  Thanks!

It's not a far walk, I would say about 5-10 minutes. You just walk behind the screens that are blocking the beach. You can take a tram. They seemed to be running quite often. They did seem to be going one way around the island. I might be wrong on that though. If that's the case it might be best to catch the tram from the dock to the floating bar and then to chill island. It's a short walk from the floating bar to the snack shack (Better food than the buffet options) and the Oasis Lagoon Pool/Bar.

4 hours ago, tigers04champs said:

It's not a far walk, I would say about 5-10 minutes. You just walk behind the screens that are blocking the beach. You can take a tram. They seemed to be running quite often. They did seem to be going one way around the island. I might be wrong on that though. If that's the case it might be best to catch the tram from the dock to the floating bar and then to chill island. It's a short walk from the floating bar to the snack shack (Better food than the buffet options) and the Oasis Lagoon Pool/Bar.

thank you!!!

On 12/16/2019 at 9:32 AM, Pratique said:

We were just there on Saturday. The weather was picture perfect. The water was fine. It’s not a hot tub.

A4F7A40C-7AA8-4E4A-BFD4-F68954B3705B.jpeg

Is this chill island,  do they have music or is there another beach,  also guessing pool close to that as well?

1 hour ago, dvond said:

Is this chill island,  do they have music or is there another beach,  also guessing pool close to that as well?

Yes it is Chill Island. After getting off of the ship, turn left and cross the bridge. There is live music near the food and concession stands but the beach itself is relatively quiet. The idea here is to "chill" and relax. The pool is in the middle of the island, a two minute walk from Chill Island. I think they've done a good job with CocoCay so far. A day to hang out and relax or play in the water.

1 hour ago, Pratique said:

Yes it is Chill Island. After getting off of the ship, turn left and cross the bridge. There is live music near the food and concession stands but the beach itself is relatively quiet. The idea here is to "chill" and relax. The pool is in the middle of the island, a two minute walk from Chill Island. I think they've done a good job with CocoCay so far. A day to hang out and relax or play in the water.

Thank you!!  yes we are looking forward to it in 2 weeks especially floating bar  🙂

Hi all,  thanks for the feedback. We have decided for the moment to keep the waterpark cabana, we were unable to get a beach cabana.  Forecast is 81 with showers on Sunday. I will let you all know how the water and the weather is.  A cold day at the beach is always better than a sunny day at work! 

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't have to spend thousands for a cold day at the beach, I can just walk down the street. I want heat!

Yeah, I think there's only one logical thing to do here. Cancel the cruise.

I'm joking. Cold weather when you were planning on sunshine is super disappointing, but it sounds like you have the right attitude!  I'll also be at CocoCay next week, and I just made an Amazon Prime panic order for a few wetsuit jackets... maybe one will work out.  I booked the waterpark excursion, so I'm hoping the wetsuit jacket will make the water more comfortable.

4 minutes ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

We're going in February, I didn't even think about the water being cool. I just figured it was warm year round.  

It is warm all year round with an average water temperature of 80F or 27C +/- a few degrees.

the equator is pretty close. Feb is a perfect time of year to go to the Caribbean 😊

Enjoy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMissMagic said:

I'll also be at CocoCay next week, and I just made an Amazon Prime panic order for a few wetsuit jackets... maybe one will work out.  I booked the waterpark excursion, so I'm hoping the wetsuit jacket will make the water more comfortable.

We will also be there next week (and also have a waterpark excursion planned).  I am definitely a wee bit nervous about the water temps. 

I'm hoping to smuggle some hot tea off the ship to warm me up - too bad they don't offer warm beverages on Coco Cay!!