booking steakhouse

grimpil

It seems like they have changed the process for booking steakhouse. Previously there was a way to book online and would receive an email confirming booking without paying. Now it seems you have to enter credit card info and pay when you book. Just wondering if anyone had noticed this change or if there is another way to book without paying first, thanks

It changed about 2 months ago, unfortunately.  It will show up under your booking details once you "purchase" the reservation.  

I had reserved the steak house back in August for a Sept cruise and it was they old way (reserving and getting an email) and then in October to reserve the steakhouse for a December cruise and it was the new process.

13 hours ago, coevan said:

I have never seen the Steakhouse full, ever. We have walked up several times without reservations and are always seated, just like a restaurant. 

I think your experience is why they are making this change. More often than not, reservations for the steakhouse are filled for most nights of a cruise. However, every night there are always no shows which is why there are usually open tables. 

17 hours ago, PekingeseLady said:

I booked my Steakhouse the middle on Nov. for my Jan. cruise on the Panorama and did not have to prepay.

I did get a confirmation email too.

I also booked for our Panorama cruise in Feb and I didn't have to prepay. I got an emailed confirmation, but it doesn't show in my planner. Does your?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cabogal said:

I also booked for our Panorama cruise in Feb and I didn't have to prepay. I got an emailed confirmation, but it doesn't show in my planner. Does your?

YEs it does.  You can extend the tab of each day, it showed up there.

DAY 7

Fun Day At Sea

January 10, 2020 - Friday
There are always lots of fun activities on board... or just lay back on a deck chair and do nothing at all!
ACTIVITIES
Purchased 0
Show Details
10:00 am
No activities scheduled
6:00 pm
Confirmed
Booking #2DWH37 (2 guests)

View Specialty Dining
DAY 8
Edited by PekingeseLady

We will be traveling on the Miracle and the first night of the cruise is our anniversary.  I have read they have a free wine offer for the first night of the cruise (this is a 5 day), can I make a reservation now and get the wine or do you have to wait til we get on board?

1 hour ago, PekingeseLady said:

YEs it does.  You can extend the tab of each day, it showed up there.

DAY 7

Fun Day At Sea

January 10, 2020 - Friday
There are always lots of fun activities on board... or just lay back on a deck chair and do nothing at all!
ACTIVITIES
Purchased 0
Show Details
10:00 am
No activities scheduled
6:00 pm
Confirmed
Booking #2DWH37 (2 guests)

View Specialty Dining
DAY 8

My cruise planner looks like that for every day of my cruise. I believe that confirmation is your chosen dining time in the MDR. 

They didn’t even send me an email confirmation. 

Edited by Sebleo

2 hours ago, cabogal said:

We are on the Panorama in early March and I made Steakhouse and Teppanyaki reservations a few months ago and didn't have to prepay, but I do have emails confirming, and they don't show up in our planner either.

The new system irritates me only because I don’t have any confirmation. I only have a credit card statement that shows I spent that money in the Fun Shop. If they lose my reservation, how can I prove I have pre-paid for dinner?

15 minutes ago, Sebleo said:

The new system irritates me only because I don’t have any confirmation. I only have a credit card statement that shows I spent that money in the Fun Shop. If they lose my reservation, how can I prove I have pre-paid for dinner?

i noticed the same thing with excursions. never received any confirmation for my excursions. good thing it is listed in my planner and edocs, but still what if something happens onboard the ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sebleo said:

My cruise planner looks like that for every day of my cruise. I believe that confirmation is your chosen dining time in the MDR. 

They didn’t even send me an email confirmation. 

No it's for specialty dining, it only shows up where I have a reservation. Not every night. 

42 minutes ago, PekingeseLady said:

No it's for specialty dining, it only shows up where I have a reservation. Not every night. 

That’s interesting. My cruise planner looks exactly like yours. It says 5:45 Confirmed under every single day of all the cruises I have booked. Then a link for specialty dining- like yours. 

5:45 is when Your Time Dining starts so that makes sense to me. My reservation is for 7. So, that’s definitely not my Steakhouse reservation. 

Are you sure it doesn’t say the same thing on every day of your planner?

6 hours ago, meh56 said:

We will be traveling on the Miracle and the first night of the cruise is our anniversary.  I have read they have a free wine offer for the first night of the cruise (this is a 5 day), can I make a reservation now and get the wine or do you have to wait til we get on board?

either way is fine

2 hours ago, Sebleo said:

That’s interesting. My cruise planner looks exactly like yours. It says 5:45 Confirmed under every single day of all the cruises I have booked. Then a link for specialty dining- like yours. 

5:45 is when Your Time Dining starts so that makes sense to me. My reservation is for 7. So, that’s definitely not my Steakhouse reservation. 

Are you sure it doesn’t say the same thing on every day of your planner?

Hmmmm, I better check again,  lol

OMG, I feel like a dummy, swear I looked before and it wasn't there like that, of course your right.  Thank you!

Edited by PekingeseLady

1 hour ago, PekingeseLady said:

Hmmmm, I better check again,  lol

OMG, I feel like a dummy, swear I looked before and it wasn't there like that, of course your right.  Thank you!

Not at all! I thought it was my steakhouse reservation the first time I saw it too. Until I realized it was the same every day. 

I just don’t know what my proof would be that I paid if my reservation gets lost. Nothing on the planner, no email, and nothing but a Fun Shop purchase on my cc statement. 

Hopefully I don’t run into a problem on board. 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 1:46 PM, grimpil said:

It seems like they have changed the process for booking steakhouse. Previously there was a way to book online and would receive an email confirming booking without paying. Now it seems you have to enter credit card info and pay when you book. Just wondering if anyone had noticed this change or if there is another way to book without paying first, thanks

Probably keeps the no shows down. People will book a bunch of reservations and then never shows up. 

Booked a few weeks ago, and got confirmation email.

First tried online, and it required $$ (credit card) up front.  Backed out and did the reservation on my phone. That worked like the old system.  reservation in,  email confirmed, and  no prepayment.  

YMMV

I made my steakhouse and Chef's Table reservations before this was instituted. I actually like pre-paying better: It's a done deal, and hopefully with the prepay I will know what night I have! We do the free bottle of wine on the first night, so actually I do know that one!