Wind Query

TJL

Hi everyone.

I'm new to Silversea, although not new to cruising in general - mostly Cunard up to now.

I'm booked on the Around Britain cruise aboard Silver Wind, 13th May 2020. Being a Londoner it means no long journey to the ship - which is great. 

Got a rather trivial question - please feel free to point me to another thread if the answer already exists elsewhere.

Do the Vista Suite cabins have a coffee machine of any sort - or indeed a kettle for tea?

I've become used to a fair degree of  beverage preparation autonomy, given that Cunard room service can be a tad tardy at times. 

Anyway, I've heard so many good things about Silversea and really looking forward to giving them a go!

Thanks 

Agree, you won't find a coffee machine in a vista suite.

There is usually a self-service coffee setup in the very frontward Observation Lounge on deck 9.

When we want freshly made coffee, though, we go to the Panorama Lounge in the back of deck 8 and the bartenders will make it straightaway.

• Like 1

Hope you got your airfare reduction sorted on your booking?

When you board, it is down the ramp or Tower Pier (in front of the Tower) and a tender over once you've cleared customs. You've probably seen the Wind berthed next to the Belfast on the opposite side of the river and it threw me when I sailed on the Cloud. All obvious stuff once you know, but sounds odd at first glance.

There's a high probability I'll wave you off but more likely I shall film with the drone from Dartford Crossing, so worth standing outside the Panarama and give a wave as you'll almost certainly see yourself. (Weather permitting of course)

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:34 PM, les37b said:

Hope you got your airfare reduction sorted on your booking?

When you board, it is down the ramp or Tower Pier (in front of the Tower) and a tender over once you've cleared customs. You've probably seen the Wind berthed next to the Belfast on the opposite side of the river and it threw me when I sailed on the Cloud. All obvious stuff once you know, but sounds odd at first glance.

There's a high probability I'll wave you off but more likely I shall film with the drone from Dartford Crossing, so worth standing outside the Panarama and give a wave as you'll almost certainly see yourself. (Weather permitting of course)

Yes, we got a discount for no airfare or transfers. Thanks for all the really useful info! I was quite convinced I'd be embarking somewhere on the south bank then shimmying across from Belfast - balancing my hand luggage precariously the while. I'll stand by to wave :-) 

On 12/15/2019 at 12:39 PM, jpalbny said:

When we want freshly made coffee, though, we go to the Panorama Lounge in the back of deck 8 and the bartenders will make it straightaway.

Access to good, freshly made coffee is no problem on Silversea.  It's available all the time that the Pool Bar and Panorama Bar is open.  There is early morning coffee/tea starting at 6:30 am.  The Silversea ships are smaller than Cunard, and it's an easy/refreshing walk to coffee.  And of course there is room service.  

• Like 1