Take towels off the ship?

palolake

Pool towels are solid colors and are found at all pools. Beach towels have stripes and are in your cabin before beach days. No sign in or out for either. On HAL you take used beach towels back to your cabin. Other cruise lines have different policies.

11 hours ago, canadianbear said:

I remember seeing the green, coral and light blue at the “indoor” pool ...can’t even remember the aft pool towels which we used!  Memory...fading 😳

DF3B6BF7-E6CC-40D5-B91D-09420154371F.png

Those look tiny.

Ok, I've got it.  Solid for the pool and striped to go ashore!

13 hours ago, canadianbear said:

I remember seeing the green, coral and light blue at the “indoor” pool ...can’t even remember the aft pool towels which we used!  Memory...fading 😳

DF3B6BF7-E6CC-40D5-B91D-09420154371F.png

Those look lovely, much nicer than the ones I have seen.  Fresh, light colours -- very nice 🙂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

That photo was from the Koningsdam...not sure if all ships have those colours. 

I wonder if they are only on the Pinnacle Class?  This is a first that I have seen with the nice colors. I remember our striped towels and it was for taking them to shore

on Maasdam doing SA and we would bring them back on board to our room for our room steward. We only did it once.

Maybe things have changed but I will see soon on Rotterdam.

Denise😊

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 7:29 AM, palolake said:

Those look tiny.

Ok, I've got it.  Solid for the pool and striped to go ashore!

Except we don't ever use the stripes outside of our cabin.  We take the solid ones when we need to take towels ashore.  That way, IF we misplace them or forget them (neither of which has ever happened) we aren't charged for them.  We HAVE seen people take towels that other people have left on their chairs at various beaches.  People come back to their spot and their towels are gone … 

4 hours ago, Lady Chew said:

Except we don't ever use the stripes outside of our cabin.  We take the solid ones when we need to take towels ashore.  That way, IF we misplace them or forget them (neither of which has ever happened) we aren't charged for them.  We HAVE seen people take towels that other people have left on their chairs at various beaches.  People come back to their spot and their towels are gone … 

Well, that's great - except that the laundry knows that the stripes probably have sand in them and are treated separately. They REALLY won't appreciate you using solid color towels in the sand! And why didn't you say anything when you saw people stealing towels from chairs on the beach?