How much to tip your cabin boy

Hi there 

what is the going rate to tip your cabin boy for a two week Caribbean cruise that’s if he does his/her job 👍

away in two weeks also looking for a up to date drinks menu if anybody has one 

thanks in advance  

4 hours ago, clud1970 said:

Hi there 

what is the going rate to tip your cabin boy for a two week Caribbean cruise that’s if he does his/her job 👍

away in two weeks also looking for a up to date drinks menu if anybody has one 

thanks in advance  

Don't worry clud1970 just tip what you feel comfortable with, realise you just asked for information which we should respect. Just enjoy your cruise you are going on a wonderful cruise.👌

8 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Don't worry clud1970 just tip what you feel comfortable with, realise you just asked for information which we should respect. Just enjoy your cruise you are going on a wonderful cruise.👌

Cheers  

both figures are in the ball part of what I thought 👍on our last cruise there where three cabin stewards 👀and just gave to the one whose name was in our cabin .

14 minutes ago, clud1970 said:

Cheers  

both figures are in the ball part of what I thought 👍on our last cruise there where three cabin stewards 👀and just gave to the one whose name was in our cabin .

They do tend to work in threes and probably share the tips. Our steward told us that they really appreciate if you name them in your questionnaire, if 4 people mention them they get time off which they really appreciate. 

We usual give twenty pounds for a one week trip or thirty pounds if it is a two week trip. We also give the dining room waiters Something, usually a tenner.

On the first day of the cruise we also find and tip one of more alert drinks waiters/waitress which usually ensures good service for the rest of the holiday.

Who said Marrella was tips included.? 🤣

We tip £10/€10 for each week to the cabin steward and as has been said tip the bar and theatre waiters the same - once at the beginning of the cruise and balance at the end the same amount If they are really good and attentive which is usual this rises to 20 on a 2 wk cruise BUT as Dave says you do not have to tip but when you cruise with Marella as much as we do you get to know a lot of the crew and they really look after you above and beyond We also tip some of the musicians or take them presents if we know they will be on our cruise

20 hours ago, dronnygirl said:

They do tend to work in threes and probably share the tips. Our steward told us that they really appreciate if you name them in your questionnaire, if 4 people mention them they get time off which they really appreciate. 

Cant remember the last time we were given a questionnaire

We like others give our cabin steward £20,also our bar waiter

6 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

We also tip the girls on the MDR checkin, early on, and they have our preferred table tickets waiting for us on arrival, naughty but nice. 😉

Hi PC, hope you are well.

I forgot about the girls on the desk in the main dining room (Big shout-out to Annette on Explorer) I agree you must keep these people sweet.😉

12 minutes ago, Brummijam said:

Hi PC, hope you are well.

I forgot about the girls on the desk in the main dining room (Big shout-out to Annette on Explorer) I agree you must keep these people sweet.😉

All ok at the moment thanks, not done Explorer yet, we are on E2 next then back on Celebration all being well🤞

1 hour ago, Pensioncruiser said:

All ok at the moment thanks, not done Explorer yet, we are on E2 next then back on Celebration all being well🤞

We are Doing Canarys cruise and stay in Jan and looking to go on Celebration Eastern Europe later on in the year.

Perhaps I will be able to get you that beer.😉🍺

18 hours ago, Brummijam said:

We are Doing Canarys cruise and stay in Jan and looking to go on Celebration Eastern Europe later on in the year.

Perhaps I will be able to get you that beer.😉🍺

If we do coenside drinks are on me after all we will be on premium 😉 but it will have to be in Horizons with 2Intense to keep us company. 😎

13 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

In all my cruises never ever seen a ships cat but perhaps I'm missing the innuendo 🙄

Exactly,it's always in the bowels of the ship catching rats to keep us safe from the pestilence.