Escape Room?

cuppettmd

35 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

Right. Or rather, each time slot has 12 spots available and people can book into it until it fills up.

I was just in my ships escape room listings.  And the most I was able to book was 8 slots for each slot.   On the HOS.  

anyone have first hand experience on the HOS and how it was ??  

we did the escape room on independence last year , if you have not done one before its OK but not that interesting compared to land based escape rooms.

We booked through cruise planner as they do get booked up fast especially sea days. Also i suppose it depends on what group of people are there which could make it a better or worse experience.

8 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

I was just in my ships escape room listings.  And the most I was able to book was 8 slots for each slot.   On the HOS.  

anyone have first hand experience on the HOS and how it was ??  

8 is the most that you can book for any excursion through the cruise planner.  If you want to book a larger group than that you need to book it through two different reservation numbers. 

We did it on Harmony and enjoyed it.  It was a group of 12 or 14.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We've done them on Harmony, Symphony, Anthem, and Navigator and loved all of them. We've also done several on land; the only reason I like the ones on land better is because usually it's just our group and it's easier to work together and solve the puzzles when you know everybody. Still, we've always won on the ships, but it was pretty close (I think our fastest finish was like 38 minutes out of the 60 allotted, and our closest was on Navigator when we had just over a minute left on the clock)

• Like 1

I think there are 12 spaces available per time slot.  So it just depends how many people reserve each particular slot.  I have a group of 7 and space is getting limited on our sailing for that number.  If I try to reserve just 2 spaces, there's a lot more availability.

A dozen to 14 sounds about right.  I know there was 6 in our group and 6 or 8 in another group.  They elected one of their guys as a leader however he was not focused.  We did successfully save the day with 34 seconds remaining.  Team work is essential as multiple puzzles have to completed at the same time to get out in time.  Lots of fun, Royal did a great job on it.  

Did one on the NCL Epic, it wasn't so stellar as it was just a room with paper puzzles and a couple of props.  

• Like 1

We just did the Apollo 18 escape room on Oasis, last week.

We thought that it was a top notch escape room.

Unfortunately, we were 5 seconds too late, to complete it.

But, we had 11 people. It says 12 people, is a full crew.

There were people that "Completed" the room in time. But, then they had pictures with 15 members.

They said that they allowed "walk ups".

If we had the 12th person, we definitely would have made it.

Either way, top notch. And, I reserved it in the cruise planner.

• Like 1