Flights by Celebrity....what a great experience!!!

LuAnn

2 minutes ago, George C said:

On our rccl Barcelona cruise choice air gave us the best fair for business class, should have checked for our Miami cruise in February. 

Personally, I've not really found any better prices for domestic flights.  It may happen sometimes depending on the cruise, of course, but we haven't had luck.  Sometimes we still book with Choice Air because of the assistance they may provide if there's a problem with your flights.

Thanks to this thread I just checked my January Delta flights and Delta was kind enough to change our seats for our direct flights from MSP to FLL and back. First flight wasn't to bad since I found decent replacements. But the flight back they have us in separate rows, one behind the other. Delta's website shows only a handful of seats left and all lousy, so I'm not sure it's worth giving them a call.

Just one of those parts of travel that are not so fun to deal with.

13 hours ago, Mike981 said:

Thanks to this thread I just checked my January Delta flights and Delta was kind enough to change our seats for our direct flights from MSP to FLL and back. First flight wasn't to bad since I found decent replacements. But the flight back they have us in separate rows, one behind the other. Delta's website shows only a handful of seats left and all lousy, so I'm not sure it's worth giving them a call.

Just one of those parts of travel that are not so fun to deal with.

two possibilities:  1. since the flight is next month, what you see could really be all that's left.  2. The Delta site doesn't always show all available seats to all passengers.  If you have a discount fare and don't have medallion status with Delta, then when you log in with your reservation the site might not show you available seats that you don't have access to, such as exit rows, or window/aisle seats near the front of the economy cabin. 

14 hours ago, hiccups said:

No, there is still a ChoiceAir site you can access through the Azamara website (see my previous post).  Prices are much more dynamic than through Flights by Celebrity, which could explain why you get different prices when you call.

OK yes there is a Choice Air website (choiceair dot com) but it is the parent site for all Royal Caribbean International LTD so you can choose RC, CEL or AZ on that site in the drop down menu.  If you choose Celebrity it will take you to the version called Flights BY Celebrity.  It is the same site and same search engine.  Just a sub-site under a Celebrity name.  Doesn't really matter.  It is still better to call them directly in my experience.

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

OK yes there is a Choice Air website (choiceair dot com) but it is the parent site for all Royal Caribbean International LTD so you can choose RC, CEL or AZ on that site in the drop down menu.  If you choose Celebrity it will take you to the version called Flights BY Celebrity.  It is the same site and same search engine.  Just a sub-site under a Celebrity name.  Doesn't really matter.  It is still better to call them directly in my experience.

No, if you access it through Azamara it does not take you to Flights by Celebrity.  You're taken to a site called Cruising Power, and can select your cruise line there.

Edited by hiccups
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

two possibilities:  1. since the flight is next month, what you see could really be all that's left.  2. The Delta site doesn't always show all available seats to all passengers.  If you have a discount fare and don't have medallion status with Delta, then when you log in with your reservation the site might not show you available seats that you don't have access to, such as exit rows, or window/aisle seats near the front of the economy cabin. 

Thank you, it is frustrating that they now change seats more often than not.

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:14 PM, LuAnn said:

TBH I had forgotten about this service...I used it once years ago when sailing on Azamara but not in a number of years. We need to get to Boston for a cruise next October and so I started to research flights R/T from San Diego. Then I saw a mention of Flights by Celebrity here...and decided to call. I saved $270.00 booking with X and an even better flight back home than I had found!! I have spoken to 3 different agents and each one has been so helpful and pleasant!! 

So I have my flights, my seat assignments and I don't have to pay for all of this until next July!!! WOW...I AM impressed!!! :)

Hate to put a damper on things but, wait until something goes wrong or changes; and you have to start communicating with staff to get things corrected!

On 12/20/2019 at 10:59 AM, Pickels said:

Hate to put a damper on things but, wait until something goes wrong or changes; and you have to start communicating with staff to get things corrected!

Well thanks for that heads up...but each of the staff I dealt with in 3 phones calls were super helpful. What kind of problems have you had in the past re changes?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LuAnn said:

Well thanks for that heads up...but each of the staff I dealt with in 3 phones calls were super helpful. What kind of problems have you had in the past re changes?

Hi LuAnn,

We've been cruising since 2003, [NCL, RCI, Celebrity and Princess.  I've always dealt directly with the provider,     [ cruise line, airline, hotel, resort, car service, etc.] and pleased to say have never had a problem with an issue or a change.  Minor 'issues'  or changes were quickly addressed and resolved.  But reading some of the posts here on Cruise Critic, there were numerous people that have had a difficult time getting issues resolved when there were more than one provider involved. 

19 minutes ago, Wineart said:

Are there any restrictions on dates, i.e. can you book flights a week ahead or after a cruise, or does it have to be within a few days of the sailing?

Not that I am aware of...although it is designed to work in conjunction with a cruise. My favorite aspect is budgeting without locking in a commitment. Personally, I checked prices prior to booking (to ensure Asia was in our budget since flight costs would be a large %).

Once we confirmed that we could justify our choice, we booked the no deposit flights right after we booked the cruise. I can't come up with a reason to wait since there is no issue changing or cancelling.

I'm asking because depending on the itinerary, I like to fly in a week earlier. For example, I'm taking a 2-week London/Ireland/Iceland cruise in May, and am flying in a week early to spend additional time in London.

40 minutes ago, Wineart said:

I'm asking because depending on the itinerary, I like to fly in a week earlier. For example, I'm taking a 2-week London/Ireland/Iceland cruise in May, and am flying in a week early to spend additional time in London.

Misunderstood your question. Easy to check online. I don't think a week or so is a problem. It gives you a suggested date based on the cruise and then you simply pick something earlier than that to ensure on time arrival. 

In our case we are arriving 2-days early in Hong Kong for an SE Asia cruise.