Today Reflection arrived late to FLL

gerelmx

She just arrived at 10:36AM instead of 7 AM

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.marinetraffic
NOTIFICATION
CELEBRITY REFLECTION arrived at
Port PORT EVERGLADES
at 2019-12-20 10:36 Local Time (2019-12-20 15:36 UTC)
Time of Arrival/Departure is the time the Vessel approaches the entrance/exit of the Port respectively.
CHECK IT ON LIVE MAP
Edited by gerelmx

Another example of why I tell people never to book flights before noon (although in this case, they might miss that one too), and why I go ballistic when people on these boards tell others not to worry - they made an 8:30 flight so you can definitely make it too  It is fairly rare, but this stuff can and DOES happen.  Have had at least two occurrences where we could not disembark before 9:00 am.   If you must book early flights, have a back-up plan.  Because if you cruise long enough, eventually you will need it.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Another example of why I tell people never to book flights before noon (although in this case, they might miss that one too), and why I go ballistic when people on these boards tell others not to worry - they made an 8:30 flight so you can definitely make it too  It is fairly rare, but this stuff can and DOES happen.  Have had at least two occurrences where we could not disembark before 9:00 am.   If you must book early flights, have a back-up plan.  Because if you cruise long enough, eventually you will need it.

This is another reason we usually stay at least one more night 🙂 

• Like 2

We learned the hard way early in our cruise life. If we have to fly home after a cruise, we now ALWAYS stay at a hotel near the airport on disembarkation day.

On one of our Hawaii cruises (I think in 2005), the return from Hawaii to San Diego was almost 4 hours late arriving to San Diego due to a medical emergency just after we left Hawaii.  We had a flight booked the afternoon we disembarked.  A very nice first class 1 stop short duration return flight from San Diego to Fort Myers turned into a multi coach flight (20 hours of travel time - NOT PRETTY.)   This was our fault for booking the flight on disembarkation day.

Staying at a hotel near the airport on disembarkation day is much more relaxing and we have a much larger selection of return flights.

Bob

I’m a flight attendant.  A few years I was working a flight from MSP to SEA, and we had a fairly substantial mechanical delay meaning we’d be arriving in Seattle at ~ 3 PM instead of noon.  We had some panicked passengers because their ship sailed at 4.  I understand we’re limited on vacation days, but this all supposed to be relaxing. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruiserss said:

That time is wrong.  I just got off the Reflection today.  It was running late but not that late.  I didn't notice what time it actually docked, but we were off the ship a little before 9.

So...fake news? 😂

I am getting geeked up for my Reflection sailing in two weeks...hopefully you left the ship in good order....

43 minutes ago, megfla said:

So...fake news? 😂

I am getting geeked up for my Reflection sailing in two weeks...hopefully you left the ship in good order....

Yep fake news. I also got off Reflection this morning. I got off at 8:10.  Was at the airport at 9:03 am. Plenty of time foe my 11:15 flight.  That was about a half hour late off  because there was a problem with the gangway.