Question regarding milestone cruise OBC

MalGee64

As the heading suggests, I have a question about the milestone cruise OBC. I understand that it is a future applicable OBC equal to 25% of the cost of cruise 25 and so on, but is that the cruise you qualify on or the future cruise? For example, if our number 25 is a 7 nighter out of Miami but we claim the 25% on a 15 nighter from LA a month later, which is used to calculate the credit? Cheers in advance 😄👍🍻

If I remember correctly, I was able to use the milestone OBC on any cruise of my choosing.  I'll be approaching the 50th milestone sometime in the next few years, so my 25th was some time ago.

In the OP's case, the future cruise will be the 15 nighter and the fare for just the OP will be reduced 25%, not the total cruise cost.

Edited by evandbob

45 minutes ago, MalGee64 said:

Thank you for the replies, folks - I was pretty sure I had it weighed off, and you’ve confirmed that for me. Cheers, just not on Mardi Gras in NYC 😄👍🍻

I'm sorry that we won't get a chance to meet this time. Perhaps sometime in the future. Cheers Mate! 🍺

4 hours ago, MalGee64 said:

As the heading suggests, I have a question about the milestone cruise OBC. I understand that it is a future applicable OBC equal to 25% of the cost of cruise 25 and so on, but is that the cruise you qualify on or the future cruise? For example, if our number 25 is a 7 nighter out of Miami but we claim the 25% on a 15 nighter from LA a month later, which is used to calculate the credit? Cheers in advance 😄👍🍻

When we hit 25 we did not even know about milestone. My error. When at the bar the bartender noticed the diamond card showing the 25 cruises. You get a diamond one on that cruise. he said. Nice did you get your discount? I asked I have no idea. So I went to guest services and they gave me the OBC one for me and one for my wife on that cruise. Now we are just about to get the 50th. So I called. Well the first answer was just stupid. You get it on the next cruise and your wife will get it on the one after that. Made no sense to me. So I called again and was told it is applied to the next cruise you take not the one you qualify for it. Both you and your wife can get it on the same cruise. Well I really have no problem with that considering the 51st cruise will be the long one and the most expensive anyhow. But I still wanted someone in management to get a final answer to my question. Can I get it on the cruise I qualify on as I did on the 25th. Finally I received a call from a person in charge of it all. The answer was an astounding YES! I need to call er at least a week before we cruise. Guess I was lucky when the 25th one was given to me on the cruise. She gave me her email and phone extension and told me to call her when I was ready and she would take care of it for me. So there you have it. Depends who you talk to PERIOD!

11 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Guess I was lucky when the 25th one was given to me on the cruise. She gave me her email and phone extension and told me to call her when I was ready and she would take care of it for me. So there you have it. Depends who you talk to PERIOD!

You taking the obc on your 25th cruise might not have been so lucky. If you booked any more expensive cruises between #'s 26 and 49, you lost money because you could have applied for your Milestone credit there. Same for your upcoming 50th cruise Milestone credit. Save it for a more expensive cruise and get more bang for your buck.😎

4 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

After your 25th cruise, you can CHOOSE which sailing to use your milestone 25% OBC within 18 months of the 25th.  It can be the 25th or 26th or 30th as long as it is within the 18 months of the milestone.  I am using mine on my 27th cruise

Having spoken with the Milestone desk several times, they told me that they really don't enforce the 18 month rule. I was able to use my 25th Milestone credit on my 33rd cruise and that was beyond the 18 month threshold. They just want you to use it before you get to the next level. 😎

43 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Having spoken with the Milestone desk several times, they told me that they really don't enforce the 18 month rule. I was able to use my 25th Milestone credit on my 33rd cruise and that was beyond the 18 month threshold. They just want you to use it before you get to the next level. 😎

They can choose to enforce

I "saved" my 25th Milestone credit for the Horizon TA.  I had a couple of less-expensive sailings between #25 and that one.  I called the Milestone desk to confirm that I could still use the OBC after the 18-months and was assured that they do NOT hold you to that.  When I boarded Horizon, the OBC was there on my account.

I now have a Diamond upgrade to use.  My VIFP page says it has to be booked within 12 months of that Diamond sailing and used w/i 24 months.  My TA talked to the Diamond desk and was assured that they do not hold you to that time frame, either.

Wouldn't it be nice if they removed the time restrictions on these perks since they don't enforce them?

On our 25th cruise we got the milestone card and then used the 25% for our next cruise to Alaska.  You have up to two years to use it.  Both my husband and I took the 25% for Alaska which ended up being $1000 OBC because excursions were so much more expensive which of course is what we used the money for.

Edited by dbrucern