Live from the Sky Christmas/New Yrs

h-sar

3 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

They are still painting the logos on the ship.  And not using a level either or spacer, lol.

20191223_112547.jpg

Nice picture! I am really disappointed that the Love Boat logo on the huge painted life preserver that was under the movie screen on the regal is not here on the sky. Also miss the homage to the love boat cast that was in one of the window displays by passenger services on the regal. I know that Regal is the one associated with the Love Boat, but would have been nice to have seen those touches here, too.

Dinner from a couple of nights ago. My whitefish, can’t remember if it was rockfish or snapper. It was very good, but needed a little bit more sauce. The love boat dream dessert, looking as beautiful as it always is. A small starter of the potato gnocchi with Gorgonzola. I have the gnocchi every cruise and live to regret it, as it has always been far too dense and a stick to the roof of your mouth variety. Every year, I hope it will improve. This was the year. It was light, exactly as it should be. The sauce was very good, but had I known how strong the cheese would be, I would Have asked that it not be added. Niece had the beef medallions which the waiter did not recommend tonight and he gave her a bit of an amused side eye when she asked for fettucine Alfredo partway through her meal instead.

Many others in the party had the lobster, which Sunil was more than happy to bring multiples of. The risotto with the lobster was ho-hum. Everyone having the lobster missed having the butter that comes with it, but nobody thought to ask the waiter to bring them some LOL. Not sure if it’s another cut back or Sunil forgot. 

pictured also is the ham dish as well as my Yummy Nutella ice cream profiterole. 

CEC8FF6D-5B44-443A-AF1E-2D4FABE072D9.jpeg

57A4FE41-2884-4E8F-8442-E62A8CDE0A81.jpeg

4A4A201E-3A08-4CDF-AA5A-110729D2C32A.jpeg

7CEDA107-6D9C-4160-B876-3CDA906A1F76.jpeg

FAD510BD-F639-404B-8C65-F67985BB6F96.jpeg

B79C40B9-C943-425E-A6C7-D800A844655C.jpeg

41AAB929-BA4B-4714-99E1-FB7AE75012E6.jpeg

On 12/23/2019 at 11:59 PM, h-sar said:

Now, this next post might cause me to lose some American friends. I’m hoping you’ll forgive my non football loving self. If it makes you feel better, I dislike the CFL just as much 😅😅😬

Why is there so much US football on MUTS?! Three straight days in a row. I can understand if it’s the Super Bowl, but pretty sure that ain’t happenin’ right now. I know I’m wading into one of the three things most dear to American hearts. (When I get to know you better, I’ll reveal what I think the other two are.😁.) I’ve never seen such a lack of movies on MUTS as in the last three days. Hope that changes soon. Yes, I know Sky Princess sails out of the US at this time of year, but not everyone on-board is American, and there might even be a few Americans on board who secretly don’t like football. How about moving those viewings into the Vista or a bar? If it was the Stanley Cup final, I wouldn’t even ask for that to be shown on MUTS (yikes, do I have to give up my Canadian passport for that statement?)

OK, minor vent over. Just bring on the 1000th showing of Mammamia (parts 1&2), please, Princess.

This would be a huge bummer for us too— and we are American.   Seems odd too,  usually sports games are on in bars.

@h-sar You are absolutely the BEST! Thank you so much for taking the time out of your vacation to scope out our cabin on the Sun Deck. 

It actually looks like it is in a great location, very little foot traffic going by. Your photos are so much better than the deck plans. On the deck plans it shows our cabin directly next to a Penthouse suite. Now I'm wondering what that little door leads to! It's probably a storage closet of some sort.

image.thumb.png.a4dbfc02b0e35ff1c3af99fc8dad4831.png

3 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

@h-sar You are absolutely the BEST! Thank you so much for taking the time out of your vacation to scope out our cabin on the Sun Deck. 

It actually looks like it is in a great location, very little foot traffic going by. Your photos are so much better than the deck plans. On the deck plans it shows our cabin directly next to a Penthouse suite. Now I'm wondering what that little door leads to! It's probably a storage closet of some sort.

image.thumb.png.a4dbfc02b0e35ff1c3af99fc8dad4831.png

Might also be an electrical room or plumbing access. 

Beautiful sea day as we head to FL. First time in three yrs that we’ve had awesome weather on the last full day. Past couple of yrs, it’s been overcast and drizzly on the return day.

Could not ask for a nicer day and oh so happy that we do not have to get off tomorrow other than to do some shopping around the terminal area. Sadly, the three other sets of family with us will be heading to different adventures. Parents returning to Edmonton and the cold, brother’s family to Miami and Orlando, and sister and family on to the Allure on Sunday.

19 minutes ago, Crown Cruiser said:

The area with the sky’s name is where the champagne bottle broke at the naming ceremony.  It’s possible that is got scratched up and needed to be touched up.

Is that the same area? Or was it back by the main pool?

They are not touching it up. The name and logo were never there.

On 12/25/2019 at 4:01 PM, masterty said:

Finally found the Phantom Bridge. Sold out for this voyage. Will try again next week. For those wondering about the stairs between deck 3 and 4 for tendering, I saw in use today a wheelchair lift at the forward elevators that would take a chair from deck 4 to deck 3. I know many travel with scooters and chairs so this photo may help some. 

20191225_131329.thumb.jpg.c68377904c782fbaf2973055885900c5.jpg

I haven't seen this before.  Anyone know if the Caribbean has it?  We are going on her next year and my father would really benefit from it.

Extremely disappointed that a couple of things I’ve come to expect on Princess after 5 Regal holiday cruises weren’t to be found this time on Sky...

- theme nights in the buffet such as Indian and German or did I miss it? 

- chocolate breakfast in the buffet followed by all the cakes and chocolate fondue that are then put there for lunch

- chocolate fondue on one of the sea day lunches in the pastry shop 

- did I already mention the missing daily pizza specials? I probably will again.

By no means is my cruise really impacted by this, but with so many other family members here who either don’t cruise at all or rarely cruise princess, it would have been nice to have had them experience those things.

oops, my mom just told me I missed the ice sculpturing this morning while I went to grab an early lunch at Alfredo’s. 

Spent most of the day on a lounge chair watching Toy Story 4 and people watching. Thankfully, missed yesterday’s MUTS late afternoon football game while in Cozumel. 👍🏼

Inside guts of my chicken taco from Salty Dog. Innards are great, but the corn tortilla is grilled with all the fillings to heat up the chicken and just becomes way too crispy and hard. Today, I asked them to just do a light grill; still made it really hard, and the chicken was on the cool side. Otherwise, a pretty tasty little street taco.

My Caprese style vegetarian salad at Alfredo’s during lunch along with a partially eaten ravioli pasta. Last year, the sauce was a weird pumpkin colour and this year, it seems to be more similar to the original.

361FE344-6415-451A-AAFD-096B3256F481.jpeg

F2C03A31-FD82-4E3B-89A6-4592BC44A829.jpeg

9813BC58-027F-4090-877D-A7BF32146F29.jpeg

11 hours ago, Wonder18 said:

Those cabanas in your photos on page 5 are they for rent or first come first serve.

thanks

checked earlier today and they are $50 for the half day and $80 for the full day. have two loungers with thick padding in each cabana.

also tried to make a booking for an afternoon for the four of us in the sanctuary on a sea day next week. Of course, I should’ve done it the first day.  it was on my list, but totally forgot. They only have availability for port days which is no good for us. Got our names put on the waitlist and have about three people in front of us. Not holding out a lot of hope because we would need four chairs. I’ve never done the sanctuary before and thought it might be a nice way to spend an afternoon next week. Not a biggie if we do not get in.

5 hours ago, h-sar said:

Beautiful sea day as we head to FL. First time in three yrs that we’ve had awesome weather on the last full day. Past couple of yrs, it’s been overcast and drizzly on the return day.

Could not ask for a nicer day and oh so happy that we do not have to get off tomorrow other than to do some shopping around the terminal area. 

Tomorrow will be a good day for shopping but bring an umbrella. Rain is predicted until 1 PM in Hollywood and then a two hour break and a 30% chance in the afternoon. Sorry we couldn't be more hospitable for your turnaround. This is NOT supposed to be our rainy season....

3 hours ago, h-sar said:

Extremely disappointed that a couple of things I’ve come to expect on Princess after 5 Regal holiday cruises weren’t to be found this time on Sky...

- theme nights in the buffet such as Indian and German or did I miss it? 

- chocolate breakfast in the buffet followed by all the cakes and chocolate fondue that are then put there for lunch

- chocolate fondue on one of the sea day lunches in the pastry shop 

- did I already mention the missing daily pizza specials? I probably will again.

I'm not a huge dessert person (creme brûlée is my "go to" as well) but I feel a little disappointed by this too. Did you happen to notice if they had the assorted shellfish extravaganza in the buffet on the last sea day? 

7 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Is that the same area? Or was it back by the main pool?

They are not touching it up. The name and logo were never there.

It could’ve been after you were on. They were putting a ton of stuff up in the sports court and surrounding area when we were on Dec 4-7. 

8 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Tomorrow will be a good day for shopping but bring an umbrella. Rain is predicted until 1 PM in Hollywood and then a two hour break and a 30% chance in the afternoon. Sorry we couldn't be more hospitable for your turnaround. This is NOT supposed to be our rainy season....

I'm not a huge dessert person (creme brûlée is my "go to" as well) but I feel a little disappointed by this too. Did you happen to notice if they had the assorted shellfish extravaganza in the buffet on the last sea day? 

And that’s another thing, along with the big sushi platters, that they didn’t have this week. Not sure if they’re cutting back fleetwide or just easing into some

of the extra events over a period of time on Sky.