Airline changed time

MJU

Alaska airlines changed our return flight from Seattle to 7:30 am from 12:30pm.  They do have a later flight.  Do I call Princess to change or do I call the airline?  There are other airlines with better times but more expensive than when I originally booked.

Here is how I have handled it with EZair changes like the one you mentioned,

If the air is already ticketed ( flexible air less than 45 days out or flights booked as non-nonrefundable) I have gone on the airlines website and found a flight that does work for me. I have then called the airline and explained the problem with the schedule change and let them know which flight I found that works.  Each time they have moved me to the suggested flight. 

If the air isnt ticketed yet  then I have gone onto EZair to find a new flight that works and either changed the flight using the change/manage flights feature or contacted my TA or Princess. 

Edited by Shelly97060
Spelling error
  • Like 1

Airlines change their flight schedules every 3 months and sometimes less to balance their loads.  If the airline changed your flight to an inconvenient time,  call them as they will work with you to get you on a flight that will meet your needs for no additional fee.  However you have to call them soon after the change so it pays to keep monitoring your flight schedules.  I used to have to fly every week and occasionally the airline would mess up my schedule but they were always willing to work it out.  The airline computer makes the changes and the live agent can attempt to fix it. 

If you booked through EZair and outside the 45 day window, call EZair to get another flight perhaps on another airline.  Outside the 45 day window you can always cancel the original flights and rebook but it may involve an increase in the price.  

Edited by satxdiver

8 hours ago, MJU said:

Alaska airlines changed our return flight from Seattle to 7:30 am from 12:30pm.  They do have a later flight.  Do I call Princess to change or do I call the airline?  There are other airlines with better times but more expensive than when I originally booked.

Since you booked through EZ Air, you should contact Princess first and ask about changing your flight time.

We booked our flight ourselves through Delta for our upcoming cruise. The itinerary changed, and I didn't like it, so I called Delta. They have a policy that if your flights change by more than 90 minutes, they will allow you to change your flight to something you would prefer. The time on our flight had indeed changed by more that 90 minutes, so they worked with me to find a flight I would prefer.

Our flight is actually better now than when I originally booked, so it worked out well for us, and there was no charge for the change.

Thanks to everyone.  I will call Princess tomorrow after talking to my granddaughter who is going with me.  We are outside the 45 day window so I guess I will have to continue checking periodically.

It saved me money last time this happened to me. United changed thier direct flight from morning to evening and rebooked me onto a connecting flight in the morning. I called United and said the schedule change didn't work for me, cancelled the ticket and got a full refund. Then booked the evening direct flight at a lower price. I saved almost $400. 

And the evening flight was better. Itmeant that we could fly on disembarkation day, not stay overnight for the direct flight the next morning. I try my best to avoid connections.