Aruba, Bonaire and Grenada

loudoncruiser

My husband uses a mobility scooter.   What are some things he can easily do on these islands.   Are the taxis large enough to put it in the back assuming you can hire one at the pier for sightseeing.   I would hate to not be able to explore the islands so any advice I be appreciated.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Assuming he can ride in a golf cart, i really enjoyed renting one on bonaire from bonaire cruisers.  The kept my scooter at their storage shed.  I can also do some walking so I took a cane along so I could get out of the golf cart occasionally.  They tend to sell out quickly. So I would go ahead to make reservations as soon as you decide to use them. I can’t remember their website but a simple Google of Bonaire cruisers golf cart should get you to the right spot.

11 minutes ago, Mosttoyswin said:

Assuming he can ride in a golf cart, i really enjoyed renting one on bonaire from bonaire cruisers.  The kept my scooter at their storage shed.  I can also do some walking so I took a cane along so I could get out of the golf cart occasionally.  They tend to sell out quickly. So I would go ahead to make reservations as soon as you decide to use them. I can’t remember their website but a simple Google of Bonaire cruisers golf cart should get you to the right spot.

Thank you!  I had looked at the possibility of doing this and will try to book now.  Was it easy to find your way around?  I wouldn't want to get lost!

Really simple, they give you a map with highlighted tourist hotspots . Roads were well marked. It probably helped that i had an international data plan and could use google maps.  I don’t know if you could download the island onto the Google Maps application and then use it as a GPS? You would need somebody who knows more about it than I do to help you with that.

• Thanks 1