Favorite Deck on Mera YC?

mafig

What's your favorite deck on Meraviglia's Yacht Club?

I know 18 is directly under the pool and might be noisy.

Deck 14 seems the last to go.  People seem to feel they're "out of it" down there.

That leaves 15 and 16.

Any preferences?  Why?

We were on deck 18 (#18012) a couple weeks ago during our M cruise. We really liked the location; just a few steps from out the cabin door to the exit into the main hallway then a very short walk to the MDR. Also, just one floor up to the outdoor areas, and one floor down to other important areas.

There was some early low-level morning noise from above, but I was awake already and my wife can sleep through a hurricane, so no big deal. Also, it was a great location to view the light show on Ocean Cay. Would rebook this cabin in a heartbeat.

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2019 at 2:41 PM, mafig said:

Thank you, Spirout.

I was, however, hoping for a little more feedback than just one response.

I asked a similar question and finally through my research decided on a cabin on deck 16 starboard. We sailed in 16002 on the Seaside and loved the location but it dead ends so it was quiet. On the Meraviglia it is next to the entrance of Top Sail so we decided when booked to move further down the hall as we did not want to take a chance. I think the cabins are all the same size with the exception of Royal. Last cruise our friends and I compared our cabins and balconies and they were identical. Though we have not sailed yet, we prefer cabins above us.

We were just in 16003 a few weeks ago--loved it!  We could step out of our door and we were 5 steps away from the side door to the Top Sail--very convenient.  Also just a short walk to the concierge desk.  Great location, great butler, and very quiet.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, OHCruisin said:

I was in 16019 in November.  Great location.  Near the exit to the elevators (but very quiet) and on the same deck as the concierge and the TSL.  Very convenient.  

We are in 16018 and I can’t tell you how many times I thought of switching. 

5 hours ago, OHCruisin said:

I was in 16019 in November.  Great location.  Near the exit to the elevators (but very quiet) and on the same deck as the concierge and the TSL.  Very convenient.  

Great to hear!  We are in that cabin on the January 5th sailing and it will be our first time on MSC. 

stay far away from cabin 14029!!!!!  directly under the bamboo pool area, every night the noise of the cleaning crew moving tables and chairs at 1:30AM was awful then again at 5:30AM. Even though we complained, it was quiet for one night!!!

you have been warned!!!!

opt for a cabin at least half way down the corridor on deck 14 on either side for your own peace of mind.

Edited by waltlin37