Belize Shore Excursion

Seabiscuit66

What do you want to do?

Snorkel?  Look into Coral Breeze and other vendors, Shark Ray Alley to Caye Caulker, or a ship snorkel excursion.

Beach?  ship excursion best as beach breaks are on small cayes off shore.  Nothing near Belize City.

Visit Ruins?  Look into independent vendor tours to Altun Ha (other ruins, though maybe better, are more expensive due to transportation costs.)

Cave-Tubing?  Try King David or Cavetubing-R-_Us or Cavetubing .bz.

Shopping?  Head to the crafts market across from the tender pier terminal.

I can give you a couple of excursion recommendations.  We have been to Belize 5 times now, something different each time.

Rendezvous Cay with lunch

Cave tubing with lunch

Also did an excursions snorkeling off a catamaran boat but don't think Carnival does that anymore.

No videos for the 2 excursions we did to Ruins of Xunantunich or Lamanai.

2015Xunantunich13-XL.jpg

Xunantunich ruins... this excursion is the farthest from Belize City... an hour 45 min by bus, but it was well worth it, plus it was my birthday so double happiness!

2019_Vista_BelizeLamanai%20(12).Movie_Sn

Lamanai ruins just this past Sept.  Fantastic ruiins and you travel an hour by bus, then 30 min by boat to get there, repeat the way back.  

Both ruins tours included lunch at a local restaurant, which was nice.  Jungle is hot and humid though, year round, so keep that in mind.  

We are headed back to Belize again in February...  DH is diving, I am probably doing something while he is gone but haven't decided yet. We  Love Belize!

Edited by ABQrobin

Thanks for your tips on Belize excursions.  We don't do a lot of water sports, and wife's knees can't tolerate a lot of walking.  She's 6mo from her last total knee replacement surgery.  We are both in our 70s, so we were looking for something more relaxing like lounging on a beach or a water ride.  I suppose we could just stay onboard ship and save some ??.  Known anyone that's done the Foodie Tour?  

I hear you have to walk a few blocks to the first stop. So I assume it's up by the swing bridge. That could mean either Neri's or Annie's Lunchbox, both great local places.  But it could also mean other small cafes. And there are a couple in the area.

Understand from reviews they go to a fruit stand but not the central market square in Belize City.  If the rum factory is included  might be worth it but otherwise seems way over priced at $75pp.

Go outside the tender pier and hire a horse drawn carriage for a city tour.

Then go to craft market across the street from the pier.

Edited by crewsweeper