Wine List

kathy1305

17 minutes ago, kathy1305 said:

Does anyone have a list of the bottles of wine offered on board? We’re thinking of purchasing a silver or gold wine package but would first like to see their selection. 

There has been some discussion lately that Princess may have discontinued their wine package. Not sure if that has been confirmed yet.

I believe the Silver package has been discontinued because there weren't enough wines under the threshold price to include in it. Last I heard there was still a Gold package. 

I do not have a list, although I think I have seen one on CC maybe last summer...

On the Royal in April only the Gold package was available;  on our November 28-day cruise on the Sky no package was available.  When asking why it wasn’t available they could only shrug their shoulders & didn’t know why it wasn’t available.

Here’s a PDF of the current MDR wine list and specialty restaurants & Vines can have some additional choices.

Wine-Menu.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer

AFAIK, there is no set list when buying the wine package.  You choose from any of the available wines on the menu, except there is a price-cap per bottle Princess will provide for free.  If you select a more expensive bottle (without looking it up I think the cap has been $45), they will bill your account for the amount in excess of the package cap price. 

You will want to be sure you can consume all the bottles you pay for or the package will not retain its value.

We are travelling on the Sun Princess from Perth in March 2020.  There has been some discussion as to whether the PBP can be added for £35 per person.  However I usually drink wine so it might be better to get the gold wine package but I don’t want to get on board and they don’t offer a gold wine package.  Does anyone know whether the Sun Princess is offering a wine package?  Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2019 at 1:28 AM, Tracyken said:

We are travelling on the Sun Princess from Perth in March 2020.  There has been some discussion as to whether the PBP can be added for £35 per person.  However I usually drink wine so it might be better to get the gold wine package but I don’t want to get on board and they don’t offer a gold wine package.  Does anyone know whether the Sun Princess is offering a wine package?  Thanks for your help.

We are sailing out of Sydney in February and somewhere I saw where they don't  offer the wine packages in the Australian market. Trying  to confirm. I REALLY don't  want to lug our wine suitcase all the way there but... my understanding is the wine list is different from other itineraries. If you happen to see (or anyone knows) any info on this... please share! 

On 12/24/2019 at 11:34 AM, sun&sea said:

There has been some discussion lately that Princess may have discontinued their wine package. Not sure if that has been confirmed yet.

I would be so unhappy if they did that.  But, from what I am reading, it is hit and miss on some sailings / ships, even though they are 10 nights or longer.  It concerns me that this is leading towards a discontinuation.  I would rather not lug my own wine around if I don't have to.  I think the wine package just makes it so much more affordable and easier to pack light.  I wish they would just sell the packages through one's own cruise personalizer ... that way, we'd know we could get it.  

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

I would be so unhappy if they did that.  But, from what I am reading, it is hit and miss on some sailings / ships, even though they are 10 nights or longer.  It concerns me that this is leading towards a discontinuation.  I would rather not lug my own wine around if I don't have to.  I think the wine package just makes it so much more affordable and easier to pack light.  I wish they would just sell the packages through one's own cruise personalizer ... that way, we'd know we could get it.  

I totally agree! I would rather not lug my own wine either. I personally wish Princess would either make the wine package readily available, or just make a statement that it isn't! They treat it like it is a secret! Just let us know if it is available or not!

Janet 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sun&sea said:

I totally agree! I would rather not lug my own wine either. I personally wish Princess would either make the wine package readily available, or just make a statement that it isn't! They treat it like it is a secret! Just let us know if it is available or not!

Janet 

Exactly ... just let us know one way or another and then be consistent, please!!!