Cruise Cancelled on Personalizer?

peacefulOR

Is anyone familiar with this happening? We have not received an e-mail, etc. for cruise leaving on the Grand, 1/12/2020 and just found this. The reservation line is closed. We booked back in July and hope that it's a mistake! This is to be our first Princess cruise; we haven't seen anything about the cruise being cancelled. Thank you for any help; I'm really nervous so close to departure.

Rainey

4 minutes ago, peacefulOR said:

Is anyone familiar with this happening? We have not received an e-mail, etc. for cruise leaving on the Grand, 1/12/2020 and just found this. The reservation line is closed. We booked back in July and hope that it's a mistake! This is to be our first Princess cruise; we haven't seen anything about the cruise being cancelled. Thank you for any help; I'm really nervous so close to departure.

Rainey

That cruise shows sold out online. Did you pay in full?  Sometimes they cancel cruises when they charter out the entire ship. But if you made payment, you would have been informed. If you didn’t make payment, you would have been canceled back in October. 

11 minutes ago, peacefulOR said:

Rainey

Has your cruise been paid for?

Did you call princess? Your TA?

2 minutes ago, CountryCruiser said:

That cruise shows sold out online. Did you pay in full?  Sometimes they cancel cruises when they charter out the entire ship. But if you made payment, you would have been informed. If you didn’t make payment, you would have been canceled back in October. 

Thank you! We have been prepaid for 2 months and have been receiving sales pitches almost daily the last 2 weeks.What a mess with 2 hotels, 3-leg air fares, etc. I was looking for an upsell offer and didn't expect this so close to sailing.

9 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Was your final amount payable to Princess or to your TA?

We booked directly with Princess and have paid invoices for trip, gratuities, even bonus $15. Everything was still showing same cabin, etc. yesterday on the personalizer.

Princess often does IT maintenance "after hours" Saturday evening until early Sunday am.  This can sometimes cause bookings to disappear off the website while the servers are being backed-up.  If it's not back on your Princess.com account by 9am PST tomorrow I'd call  them.  Until then do not fret.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Princess often does IT maintenance "after hours" Saturday evening until early Sunday am.  This can sometimes cause bookings to disappear off the website while the servers are being backed-up.  If it's not back on your Princess.com account by 9am PST tomorrow I'd call  them.  Until then do not fret.

Thanks so much! We've sailed 3 other lines and refuse to touch one again after major gaffs that affected most of the passengers. I'll definitely check it tomorrow (don't know about not fretting😟

6 minutes ago, bdojoe said:

You should have been able to print boarding passes and luggage tags for quite a while.  I don't remember seeing emails from Princess about my upcoming cruises.

I've been dinking around about printing passes and tags and now can't access my personalizer to do so. Thanks for the thought.

12 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I doubt it will show your booking is canceled because they are doing maintenance.

Post #5 says there is no issue with his booking on this cruise.

18 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I doubt it will show your booking is canceled because they are doing maintenance.

Post #5 says there is no issue with his booking on this cruise.

That's what's so frustrating. We booked nearly 8 months ago to secure a Caribe balcony and have received several account updates, including paid in full. I had hoped that someone had experienced this and could make sense of it. My last e-mail from Princess was to my booking no. at 9:02 a.m. this morning. If it's a glitch, couldn't we lose our cabin before it's straightened out? Rainey

6 minutes ago, peacefulOR said:

That's what's so frustrating. We booked nearly 8 months ago to secure a Caribe balcony and have received several account updates, including paid in full. I had hoped that someone had experienced this and could make sense of it. My last e-mail from Princess was to my booking no. at 9:02 a.m. this morning. If it's a glitch, couldn't we lose our cabin before it's straightened out? Rainey

They open at 6:00am. 

I hope they can restore your booking/cabin etc.

Hopefully they will get it straightened out.

Let us know what happens.

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

They open at 6:00am. 

I hope they can restore your booking/cabin etc.

Hopefully they will get it straightened out.

Let us know what happens.UpU

Update: As of 9:05 this evening, our booking is restored, boarding passes & luggage tags printed! It pays to keep checking th I'm calling tomorrow to verify that we're okay. Thank you for the kind responses; the cruise is sold out. I'm known for diligent research and perserverance....will sleep good tonight😴

Rainey

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, peacefulOR said:

Update: As of 9:05 this evening, our booking is restored, boarding passes & luggage tags printed! It pays to keep checking th I'm calling tomorrow to verify that we're okay. Thank you for the kind responses; the cruise is sold out. I'm known for diligent research and perserverance....will sleep good tonight😴

Rainey

Glad you got confirmation. 

Better than tossing and turning all night.

I cannot get into my booking to see it for 2 days now. Let’s me sign it but that is it. In your case go to your roll call and see if anyone else is having same problem as you. Call Princess in am

just saw your post. Good news. 

Edited by dog

10 minutes ago, dog said:

I cannot get into my booking to see it for 2 days now. Let’s me sign it but that is it. In your case go to your roll call and see if anyone else is having same problem as you. Call Princess in am

just saw your post. Good news. 

I seem to have been the only one...probably a glitch during IT maintenance. You might call Princess also, just to be sure. Happy sailing, everyone!

• Thanks 1