Deck Plans Changing for Meraviglia After Summer 2020....Why??

tymike

Hi all...

I'm booked on the Meraviglia in October, 2020, and I checked the deckplan to make sure our room in on the starboard side so we can see Ocean Cay and the light show.  On the website there is a link that says something like "To view deckplans after summer, 2020, please use this link".    The staterooms look the same but is the TSL moving?  The deck plan no longer labels it or has any furniture drawn into it!

Does anyone have any information about this?

Thank you !!

Oh NO ! Not another YC change.

I booked ‘BYOF’ (bring your own furniture) cruise very cheap but did not expect to bring chairs & table for the restaurant. 

I am just kidding...!!! sorry.

MSC has already changed deck plans in 2018 & 2019 due to re-assignment of staterooms to different Experiences. Bella to Fantastica or Wellness to Aurea. I have not seen any changes in Yacht Club. No changes of Top Sail Lounge and YC Restaurant, don’t worry. The drawing on the MSC website is just inaccurate (text and details on deck 16,18,19 missing).

Edited by SirWolf
  • Haha 1

Thank you Sir Wolf. 

I get tired of any and all unexpected changes to seemingly everything these days on  MSC, NCL and Celebrity.  When I saw the 'new' deck plan plans with no furniture in the TSL I just figured they would put more staterooms in there...like NCL did with the Spinnaker Lounge on the Dawn etc.

Thanks again....

Hi Mike,

the MSC USA website is a constant work in progress. I guess they have no beta test site and making changes while being live. The other option is they don’t test their changes before updating the website.

In 2018 they ‘forgot’ to publish deck 18 on the deck plan of MSC Seaview.

I got used to it and in the end everything worked for me. I enjoy sailing in YC with 3 past cruises and 2 booked cruises.

I'm sailing on the Preziosa in spring. I compared the old and new plan.

The most obvious changes are to the mid-ship cabins around the central lifts. On Deck 13, the cabins under the Aqua pool area have been converted from Aurea to Fantasia. Presumably because of the noise from the pool area.

However, the same cabins on Deck 10 and 11 have been upgraded from Fantasia to Aurea. A net gain for MSC.

The forward Aurea suites on the Meraviglia class from summer will be classed as Grand Suites, at least the one on deck 12 which has the biggest square footage will be, on our Xmas cruise we were told that there is a possibility that these Aurea suites will become part of the YC.

NCL has numbed us to changes, all for your convenience, of course.

MSC has very few changes although I can understand people being concerned.  Seems this came up over the summer on a post and it was slight changes to cabin categories as explained above,

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 9:00 AM, sidari said:

The forward Aurea suites on the Meraviglia class from summer will be classed as Grand Suites, at least the one on deck 12 which has the biggest square footage will be, on our Xmas cruise we were told that there is a possibility that these Aurea suites will become part of the YC.

Yes they were and we are now part of YC. I am so lucky!  It’s classified as YCD. 

• Like 2

Hello,

I think this may explain why almost everything I looked at for 2021 was 'Guarantee' cabin only - ie what I thought I was booking in 2020 doesn't turn out to be the same category in 2021.

Regards,

Cublet