NCL Bliss room #11603 (inside corridor): Have to walk all the way around to get to cabin?

fstuff1

image.png.1474011b93a887bef9f254f04d96bc01.png

As you can see by the pic, it looks like there's only 1 way into that inside corridor to get to room 11603.

you have to enter by 11629 then walk back up to get to 11603?

or is there an opening by 11603 as well?

(Just trying to understand the inside corridor layouts)

Edited by fstuff1

32 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

As you can see by the pic, it looks like there's only 1 way into that inside corridor to get to room 11603.

On the escape I had a similar cabin and I could get there straight from the elevator/stairs. I bet it's the same on bliss. 

3 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

On the escape I had a similar cabin and I could get there straight from the elevator/stairs. I bet it's the same on bliss. 

the escape deck plans look identical for that section.

you had a room near 11603 and can enter that corridor from the right side? (it looks blocked on the schematic) 

3 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

the escape deck plans look identical for that section.

you had a room near 11603 and can enter that corridor from the right side? (it looks blocked on the schematic) 

I forget my cabin # but yes, I could get to and from my room directly by the elevators. It was actually very convenient 

Only deck 14 on bliss is only floor accessible from elevators on said floor.

Deck 11 pictured IS ONLY ACCESSIBLE near 11629 and walk up to 603

Ask me how I know?. I only book interior cabins with an accessible hallway from elevators b.c. my mom is claustrophobic 

Try deck 14. U will definitely will get what you are looking for

On 1/1/2020 at 8:59 AM, bkrickles1 said:

I forget my cabin # but yes, I could get to and from my room directly by the elevators. It was actually very convenient 

I stayed in Bliss 11607.  The interior corridor is not blocked off from the forward elevators.  I agree, very convenient.

If there's access from the elevators it's a door between the two banks that puts you directly into the interior corridor. If that wasn't clear. I've seen it closed several times, I don't know if that means it's locked and can't be used at that time? 

CruiseDeckPlans sometimes leaves much to be desired - no camera/video/YouTube icons in this area

to define if the passageway is a dead-end a hazardous zone as the above poster has noted.

On some ships the dead-end passageway is not really a dead-end merely ending in a crew access only door -

but in those situations the flow of traffic is magnified by extra travel around the obstruction.

CruiseDeckPlans and NCL could do a better job mapping of the ship in graphics - - - This is as bad as the

Lady Winchester mansion in San Jose CA with 13 steps going up to a ceiling with no door ???

While it is not possible to map and photo each individual cabin without extreme extra effort at least the

passageways should be shown clearly especially for mobility impaired guests - a dead-end would be a trap.

On 1/1/2020 at 10:15 AM, fstuff1 said:

we will be in 11613 on our coming cruise in April...for 21 days, unless we get upgraded.

• 1 year later...
On 1/4/2020 at 8:06 AM, SouthLyonCruiser said:

If the schematic were true and there was only one way to and from the cabin, I would think that the Coast Guard would have a problem with that as there is only one way to and from the cabin and thus a fire safety hazard.

take a look at room 11661 (aft).

there's only 1 way to enter that corridor :classic_ohmy:

• Thanks 1