Immigration Formalities in Los Angeles

Barry H

On 1/10/2020 at 5:24 AM, chamima said:

Does anyone recall how much a taxi is from the San Pedro port to LAX?

We have pre-booked a private car but now I see that they have a $1/minute waiting charge if disembarkation is delayed and I'm thinking we might be better off just grabbing a taxi.

This will be on a Saturday morning.

Thanks all!

Approx $60

11 hours ago, lindberg said:

I'm on the Emerald Jan 17 out of Ft Lauderdale, and we received the same email about the immigration formalities.....

So not a San Pedro thing.  Maybe an Emerald thing.  Or maybe they don't want me to eat in the dining room on embarkation day.

If you have a second on the 17th could you come back and let the rest of us know what time you were really able to board?

Thanks!

@chamima

As I said in my post.   In Fort Lauderdale when we arrived from Barcelona in November I couldn't get into the C&I hall from the ship till Noon, then had to wait to go through.  I wanted to go into town to do some shopping.   My wife, who was just wanting to get off and get back on, didn't get into the hall till after 1pm.

When debarking from the Emerald early December at Los Angeles it started at 7 am as scheduled.  US citizens had a shorter wait through customs than Foreigners who had to be finger printed etc. and that line was realllllly slow.   The best way to get off faster than everybody else is to be in the first group to debark and that is to walk off with your own luggage.  Taxis were plentiful and it cost $60 to LAX.

Two weeks previously in Fort Lauderdale, it was also verrrrrrrrrrry slow for foreigners who were being finger printed.   We were on a tour and buses just left as they filled up.   We were possibly on the last bus to leave around 10 - 11 am.