Tipping at the steakhouse

khbaeb

Fine print, Carnival website:

The $35 fee includes an appetizer, entrée, dessert and the wait staff's gratuity; additional gratuities are optional and may be extended in cash or to the guest's Sail & Sign Account, at the guest's discretion. The reservation fee does not include any beverage that is normally ordered through the bar service such as wine, liquor, soda and bottled water. By popular request, all dining rooms are smoke-free. Please allow 2 1/2 hours for dining experience.

23 minutes ago, khbaeb said:

We are dining at the steakhouse while on our cruise, do you all tip in cash?  

Just like purchasing a drink at a bar, you will sign your receipt and can add any amount you desire to your S&S card.  Just remember, a tip has already been applied to your S&S and anything extra is your option.  

46 minutes ago, khbaeb said:

I was just wondering if it would be better to tip in cash?

Cash is king. I always tip in cash, however if I forget to take cash with me, I simply add it to the tip line on the receipt/check. But I rather tip in cash. 

✌️ 💵 💵 ✌️

32 minutes ago, RenoNanaOz said:

Any extra tips we give to Steward, Bartenders or Servers we always give in cash, they appreciate it.

Not all staff members prefer cash. A lot of them are supporting families back home. It is much easier for them when the tip is added to your S&S card, which gets added to their check and makes it easier to transfer money back home. 

I always ask bartenders I see frequently during a cruise what they prefer.  From my experience, it is a pretty even split between those who prefer cash and those who prefer it to be added to the S&S card. There are also staff members who have no preference. 

1 minute ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Not all staff members prefer cash. A lot of them are supporting families back home. It is much easier for them when the tip is added to your S&S card, which gets added to their check and makes it easier to transfer money back home. 

I always ask bartenders I see frequently during a cruise what they prefer.  From my experience, it is a pretty even split between those who prefer cash and those who prefer it to be added to the S&S card. There are also staff members who have no preference. 

I agree that is most likely 50/50. However some that I have spoken with like the cash. They use it to purchase their personal items, snacks etc when in port.

2 hours ago, khbaeb said:

Hi all,

We are dining at the steakhouse while on our cruise, do you all tip in cash?  I assume I put the meal on credit card on file and then I planned on tipping 20 percent like I would do here....

Your gratuity is included with the $38.00 You can always add to it.