Standard Internet On Meraviglia Functionality

sds

Just booked the Meraviglia for  April Currently they offer Standard internet as a perk my question is can I use this type of internet to look at security cameras at home and use my wifi calling through Verizon? Or do I need the upgraded internet to do this? 

1 hour ago, sds said:

Just booked the Meraviglia for  April Currently they offer Standard internet as a perk my question is can I use this type of internet to look at security cameras at home and use my wifi calling through Verizon? Or do I need the upgraded internet to do this? 

You can definitely look at security cameras at home - we did that from Meraviglia.   That is, assuming you just want to check on the home every now and then, like if you get a notification.  Even with writing a picture review, I still had about 700 MB left after the week, but you have to log off the paid plan when you don’t use it  (Hope that makes sense).

I don’t know about wifi calling - did not try that.

Thank You APDMOM I actually read your review earlier today (great writeup) . So you were able to view camera no problem on standard that's good to know apparently that was above anyone's knowledge base at customer service they suggested premium. Just so I am clear you had to log off when not in use so how did you know that there was a notification? did you just turn it on periodically then it would come through?

• Like 1

The standard internet package works quite well.  It was plenty fast for me.  

The nice thing with logging on and off is that you don’t have to go through the process every time.  There is start and stop button on the MSC internet webpage. Just push start and you’re connected and it shows how many mb you are using.  Push stop and you’re no longer connected.  

One cool thing was that even when I had the internet connection stopped, iMessages, iPhone notifications, and FB messenger messages would still come through.  I had to push start and reconnect to reply, but not to read them when they came through.  

2 hours ago, sds said:

Thank You APDMOM I actually read your review earlier today (great writeup) . So you were able to view camera no problem on standard that's good to know apparently that was above anyone's knowledge base at customer service they suggested premium. Just so I am clear you had to log off when not in use so how did you know that there was a notification? did you just turn it on periodically then it would come through?

Like eroller said, when you stop the paid internet on the web page, you remain connected to the free internet.  For some reason I still got notifications of movement on the security camera (Canary) while on the free wifi.  Then, I just hopped onto the website, clicked “start” for the paid internet, and watched the replay of the movement on the camera.  

Fotunately, the movement on the camera was just a stray moth flying in front of the lens 😂

Thanks again APDMOM for the images. So you had one plan correct? the deal they have now is free standard internet for everyone so will they pool 6gbs or will each of us have our own individual logins? any idea? I have a teen daughter who once she heard internet she perked up lol. On other cruises she went without so I don't want her burning through all of our data at one clip. Thanks again.

8 hours ago, sds said:

Thanks again APDMOM for the images. So you had one plan correct? the deal they have now is free standard internet for everyone so will they pool 6gbs or will each of us have our own individual logins? any idea? I have a teen daughter who once she heard internet she perked up lol. On other cruises she went without so I don't want her burning through all of our data at one clip. Thanks again.

You are welcome.  I had the 2GB individual package, so I don’t know how they handle the 6GB.  Hopefully someone else can help out. 🙂