Ship Tour

Kudos2Fly

We're going on Liberty in 10 days, last minute trip. Looking for things to do in Freeport and Nassau. Nothing is really interesting, but just thought of the ship tour. One how much is it for a 4 day cruise, when does it happen and is it worth it? Granted my dad was a Merchant Marine Captain, so I got to see a lot as a kid and even got into the Engine Room and other locations on a tug boat. Loved it. 

Have been wanting to do this tour for some time, but it hasn't worked out. But maybe this time.  My dad got it for "free"... LOL. Before they "charged" for it. 

On the morning of the last sea day.  There should be ad in the printed ShoreEx guide for your sailing (probably on/near the back inside cover). Guest Services can book it for you if the ShoreEx desk is closed when you board.

Prices are $55-$95 depending on ship and sailing length, with smaller ship classes and shorter sailings having shorter tours and lower prices (and vice versa for larger ship classes and longer sailings).

• Like 1

I did this tour recently on the Magic.  the cost was $95.00 dollars. Lots of walking up and down stair wells. was WORTH every penny. i wont do it again put what a GREAT tour it was. Last sea day give your self 3.5 hrs though based on the size of ship.

• Like 2

We did the tour on one of our Carnival cruises (can't remember what ship, but it was one of the Conquest class), and we found it very interesting and fun.   At the time, closed shoes were required, no sandals.  So, make sure you have a pair with you!   

Also, if your wife goes, no skirts.  Be prepared to be standing a lot.  We did it on Glory.  There is a Q&A with the captain when you reach the bridge, usually the next to last stop on the tour (last stop is the steakhouse).  Be prepared to be embarrassed at the questions non-CC educated guests ask... (Do you have a procedure for when a person goes overboard...).  EM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Also, if your wife goes, no skirts.  Be prepared to be standing a lot.  We did it on Glory.  There is a Q&A with the captain when you reach the bridge, usually the next to last stop on the tour (last stop is the steakhouse).  Be prepared to be embarrassed at the questions non-CC educated guests ask... (Do you have a procedure for when a person goes overboard...).  EM

I am the wife... 😁 Thanks for the tip on the skirts. Although I wasn't planning on doing that anyways. My dad was a Merchant Marine Captain, so been on working (non cruise ships).

LOL people really ask that, about people falling over board???? I'll have to keep from laughing....