Lotus Spa Massage

tk2fast

Would some of the "seasoned" cruisers know what the difference between the Elemis Deep Tissue  Muscle Massage and the Swedish Massage.  

The descriptions are:

Elemis:

Using muscle-melting warmed oils and deep pressure massage movements, we massage deep into the belly of the muscle, erasing stress, tension and lactic acid build up.

Swedish: This classical European technique of manipulating muscles with aromatic massage oils is both relaxing and invigorating. While providing a tonic for the soul, this massage can help improve the function of the circulatory, lymphatic, muscular and nervous systems.

Both kind of look like they do the same thing?? 

8 hours ago, tk2fast said:

Would some of the "seasoned" cruisers know what the difference between the Elemis Deep Tissue  Muscle Massage and the Swedish Massage.  

The descriptions are:

Elemis:

Using muscle-melting warmed oils and deep pressure massage movements, we massage deep into the belly of the muscle, erasing stress, tension and lactic acid build up.

Swedish: This classical European technique of manipulating muscles with aromatic massage oils is both relaxing and invigorating. While providing a tonic for the soul, this massage can help improve the function of the circulatory, lymphatic, muscular and nervous systems.

Both kind of look like they do the same thing?? 

I have had both on a few ships. Deep tissue involves a lot more pressure and focused worm to release stubborn knots. Swedish is more long strokes with light pressure for relaxation. If you want a soft touch, go Swedish. If you are looking to force tension from trouble spots, go deep tissue. The masseuses on board are really great (just watch for upsells like hot stones and the normal product pitch) so we always book a series of three to get the 10%/20%/30% discount, often as couples massages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never get a deep tissue massage unless you need it. I've never had one on Princess but have had them (and needed them at the time) and they can be pretty intense. I get a massage once a month and it helps a lot. I'd prefer once a week but...

• Thanks 1