NCL basics needed

Essiesmom

Just found out a niece is sailing on Encore tomorrow.  I sailed NCL one time over 10 years ago, a one night CTN.  Don't have time to explore this board so need to know a few things.  Does NCL have an app to be used onboard?  Does Encore have USB ports in the cabins?  How much are gratuities per person/per day?  If you do not use a credit card and want to do cash account, how much are you required to put down?  Probably more later.  I cruise a lot but not NCL.  EM

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Just found out a niece is sailing on Encore tomorrow.  I sailed NCL one time over 10 years ago, a one night CTN.  Don't have time to explore this board so need to know a few things.  Does NCL have an app to be used onboard?  Does Encore have USB ports in the cabins?  How much are gratuities per person/per day?  If you do not use a credit card and want to do cash account, how much are you required to put down?  Probably more later.  I cruise a lot but not NCL.  EM

Many of your questions can be answered by reading NCL's website particularly the FAQ section:

https://www.ncl.com/faq

Just asking for a friend....... if your niece waited until the night before to let you know she was even leaving the country...... I think you can relax and leisurely explore the board since she obviously isn't worried about it

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Yes there is an app that needs to be downloaded before you embark. 

Yes, there are USB ports in rooms. But no one who understands cyber security would ever risk plugging into one. ALWAYS use your power cube. 

Daily Service Charge $15 per person

Cash account $300 minimum. Obviously, you need to have cash to cover all of your expenditures (including $210 for the DSC). 

All things Encore can be found on my live post link below 

Edited by BirdTravels