MIA transportation

farmer92

Hello, it’s been about 3 years since we cruised out of Miami, we fly in a day early and usually get a taxi at the airport to our hotel in downtown.  I recently have read some terrible reviews about taxis there, has anyone experienced this? What does everyone recommend? We’ve never used Uber or Lyft and we fly this coming Friday....... thanks 

8 minutes ago, farmer92 said:

Hello, it’s been about 3 years since we cruised out of Miami, we fly in a day early and usually get a taxi at the airport to our hotel in downtown.  I recently have read some terrible reviews about taxis there, has anyone experienced this? What does everyone recommend? We’ve never used Uber or Lyft and we fly this coming Friday....... thanks 

You'd probably have better results in making that inquiry from the Miami Port of Departure Boards.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

We never had a problem getting a taxi - the hotel will call one for you.  I just started using Uber, and found it was quite easy, safe, and fast - and cheaper than a taxi.  I panicked the first time I opened the app to use it, but asked a "young person" nearby to tutor me on using it, which they were more than happy to do.

The Uber/Lyft app is very easy to use. And as others have said new users usually get discounts. 

Taxis are ok, but an Uber will have better service, usually better cars, especially if you pay for Uber comfort which would likely still be cheaper than a taxi. 

Edited by Flymia

Taxi from MIA to downtown hotels will run about $28-30. UberX or standard Lyft will run under $20 - so beside being a nicer ride it is a cheaper option.

If a dinosaur like me can figure out Uber and Lyft, so can you! Watch a couple of You Tube videos, download the app, set up your account, and you are easy to roll! 😉