Departure times on Ocean Cay earlier than expected. .

Nashna

Regarding the light show:

It is true that you can watch it from the ship or from the beach.  However, I would recommend watching it from the beach.  It got crowded by the rails on the pool deck and more difficult to see.  Also, you could not hear the music that accompanies the light show, as a movie had started on the pool deck.  In June, I will be on the beach instead. 😁

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 11:44 AM, Nashna said:

The original plan was to have a special drink package just for O.C.  However, MSC changed that policy before the first passengers arrived in December.  I understand that passengers who had pre booked the OC day drink package received refunds before their cruise.  All drink packages are now accepted on the Island.  There are no special day drink packages for OC. 

We were there on Dec. 13th and did not have a ship's alcohol package but did book the Ocean Cay drink package at $30 a person. I have read now that they did away with it after our sailing. Probably a good thing as we had to wait at least 15 minutes to get waited on. Then most of the time, they were out of juices, mixers after a couple of hours. It was a mess.

I loved staying until 11pm on our recent MERAVIGLIA cruise.  It's one of the things that makes a call at Ocean Cay unique.   During the evening hours they put on a Junkanoo parade and also a nighttime beach dance party.  Then there is the lighthouse light/sound show which is pretty cool.  Then it's interesting watching the ship depart at such a late hour.  

Ocean Cay is very, very close to Miami.  Much more so than any other cruise line private out island.  It's almost next to Bimini.  The ship can easily depart at midnight and be in Miami by 6am with room to spare.  

• Like 1