Panorama formal nights & restaurant package deal

RTR 21-0

For the recent Panorama cruisers, what were the formal nights?  

Also, we sailed Horizon this past April and recall seeing a sign in an elevator about a dining package deal.  One price for the steak house, sushi, Italian and possibly one more.  Anyone see anything like that advertised on Panorama? 

Dining package deal - saves you $8...

"For $60 per person, passengers who opt to purchase the plan will receive one meal at Fahrenheit 555 — the line’s signature steakhouse — as well as two $15 vouchers which can be redeemed at the Pig & Anchor Smokehouse Brewhouse, Bonsai Sushi, Cucina del Capitano or JiJi Asian Kitchen."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Does anyone know if you can substitute the Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse with Bonsai Teppanyaki?

How would that work when Bonsai Teppanyaki is not one set price?

" Depending on your entree selection, that cost ranges from $18 to $30."

Edited by amyotravel

11 hours ago, RTR 21-0 said:

Also, we sailed Horizon this past April and recall seeing a sign in an elevator about a dining package deal.  One price for the steak house, sushi, Italian and possibly one more.  Anyone see anything like that advertised on Panorama? 

I have the Fun Times, good to know, cabo tender, and debarkation documentation from the last week of December. It was nights 2 and 5 for that cruise...which is 1st Sea Day and Puerto Vallarta night..

https://saintgregtravel.com/fun-times/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Do you have any sources? I would prefer to believe you because that will change whether or not I would buy the package. 

No, just Googled and different cruise review sites said different things. But I was asking a question rather than making a definitive statement as if I knew. Probably did not come across right.

Even at $32 set price that is slightly different than the Steakhouse price so may not be as worth it. Plus, with such limited seating at teppanyaki they might not want to include that in the package, I dunno. I love teppanyaki, though!

17 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

When I was on the Horizon, they had a table set up just inside the doors from the lido deck and the elevators...

Thanks! Are you cruising next week? Seems like I remember something about the middle of Jan.

23 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I have the Fun Times, good to know, cabo tender, and debarkation documentation from the last week of December. It was nights 2 and 5 for that cruise...which is 1st Sea Day and Puerto Vallarta night..

https://saintgregtravel.com/fun-times/

Thank you!  Very impressed with all those organized Fun Times for review 😉

Does it seem odd to anyone to have a cruise elegant night in PV which happens to be the longest stay at port?  Would have thought it would be the following night. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, CCLcruiser91 said:

Dining package deal - saves you $8...

"For $60 per person, passengers who opt to purchase the plan will receive one meal at Fahrenheit 555 — the line’s signature steakhouse — as well as two $15 vouchers which can be redeemed at the Pig & Anchor Smokehouse Brewhouse, Bonsai Sushi, Cucina del Capitano or JiJi Asian Kitchen."

Thanks for the info.  Not much of a savings at all....  Enough for an extra beer I suppose! 

1 minute ago, RTR 21-0 said:

Thank you!  Very impressed with all those organized Fun Times for review 😉

Does it seem odd to anyone to have a cruise elegant night in PV which happens to be the longest stay at port?  Would have thought it would be the following night. 

You know what? That was Christmas. I bet ours will be the next Sea Day.

12 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Thanks! Are you cruising next week? Seems like I remember something about the middle of Jan.

I wish... Currently the only thing booked is the Mardi Gras November 28, but looking at something for memorial day week...

Just now, sid_9169 said:

I wish... Currently the only thing booked is the Mardi Gras November 28, but looking at something for memorial day week...

Dang. I could've swore I read something in your last thread about Magic around the middle of Jan. 

12 hours ago, RTR 21-0 said:

Having sailed that itinerary twice (on Splendor) I can make a pretty good guess the formal nights will be Sunday and Thursday. Lobster will likely appear on Sunday. The sea bass is also amazing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Elegant nights are normally the first sea day (Day 2) and the second sea day (Day 6). However, the Christmas cruise was slightly different-- they made the second elegant night Day 5 (PV day) because it was Christmas Day. Believe me, there was a LOT of confusion about it on the cruise. I asked several different crew members and got a different answer each time. Some said Day 6, others said Day 5. It didn't help that the initial paper Fun Times they provided with the week-long itinerary, plus what was listed on the TV, said Day 5, but the daily Fun Times on the Hub app said Day 6 ("cruise elegant" portrait times, for example). 

I finally got a straight answer from Guest Services, who confirmed with management that they were deviating from the normal elegant night schedule because of the Christmas holiday. I showed them the inconsistencies on the Hub app, and they fixed it promptly. 

So yes... any other sailing, they would be on the two sea days 🙂 

We did have lobster and prime rib on the first elegant night... and they were part of the REGULAR (included) menu, not the extra $20 one! So most of my table mates enjoyed surf n turf that night for "free"! 

• Like 1

We originally had the Mardi Gras for October booked & was really looking forward to that beautiful new ship.  I think we’re more excited about the Panorama because it’s new & will be new ports for us.   Sure wish the Mardi Gras was scheduled for Eastern Carib itineraries before 2021.  

6 minutes ago, heckledtrio said:

Elegant nights are normally the first sea day (Day 2) and the second sea day (Day 6). However, the Christmas cruise was slightly different-- they made the second elegant night Day 5 (PV day) because it was Christmas Day. Believe me, there was a LOT of confusion about it on the cruise. I asked several different crew members and got a different answer each time. Some said Day 6, others said Day 5. It didn't help that the initial paper Fun Times they provided with the week-long itinerary, plus what was listed on the TV, said Day 5, but the daily Fun Times on the Hub app said Day 6 ("cruise elegant" portrait times, for example). 

I finally got a straight answer from Guest Services, who confirmed with management that they were deviating from the normal elegant night schedule because of the Christmas holiday. I showed them the inconsistencies on the Hub app, and they fixed it promptly. 

So yes... any other sailing, they would be on the two sea days 🙂 

We did have lobster and prime rib on the first elegant night... and they were part of the REGULAR (included) menu, not the extra $20 one! So most of my table mates enjoyed surf n turf that night for "free"! 

👌🏻 Hubs will be looking forward to that lobster especially if it’s included lol. 

I’ve been checking out reviews and posts under the port forums but since I have your & Saint Greg’s attention on this post, what did y’all do in Mazatlan?  We have excursions through Carnival & off site booked for Cabo & PV.  Thinking of winging it in Maz but open to suggestions. 

I'm not a lobster person, but my hubby and friends say it was the best lobster they'd ever had! I hope they keep it included by the time you sail! 🙂 

We actually ventured out to do Mazatlan on our own! I studied the info on these three websites:

http://www.mazatlantouristaide.com/

http://arewethere-yet.com/wordyexplorers/blog/pages/view/view.dhtml?linkId=4FavoritesMazatlan&storyId=1532711033361

http://arewethere-yet.com/wordyexplorers/blog/pages/view/view.dhtml?linkId=CentroHistoricoStoneIslandMazatlan&storyId=1530238592810

Basically, there's a blue line painted on the street that you can follow from the cruise terminal to the old town area (~3/4 mile walk). Along the way, there are American ex-pats living in Mazatlan that volunteer their time to greet tourists and provide directions and maps. The second website I provided above has low-quality images of the maps that the volunteers hand out. If you'd like to see a better-quality version before you sail, let me know, and I can dig mine up and scan it! 

We pretty much hit up the main sights labeled on the map, and did some shopping in the big marketplace (Mercado Pino Suarez). It was a breeze to navigate everything with the tourist aid map. It was our first time venturing to a new city all by ourselves, but those online resources made it so easy! 

• Like 2